EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Dec 2012, 12:56 AM   #1
akorvemaker
Master of the @

"Undo"

I just noticed that when I delete a message (in the new interface), the little information dropdown at the top now has an "undo" option. It looks like moving messages does too.

<singing>Awesome!</singing> (I think I'm dropping a 4th from the first syllable to the second, in case you're curious.)

Thanks FM!

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Dec 2012, 03:09 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
I just noticed that when I delete a message (in the new interface), the little information dropdown at the top now has an "undo" option. It looks like moving messages does too.

<singing>Awesome!</singing> (I think I'm dropping a 4th from the first syllable to the second, in case you're curious.)

Thanks FM!

Andy
Very good news. I am happy to have something to congratulate FM on. I have been (I think with justification) pretty negative for the last couple of months.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 04:01 AM   #3
thymara

while it is great news it would be nice to have such things announced in a formal way so that your customers, assuming you are an FM reseller or equivalent, aren't one step ahead of you and asking "what's this undo thing and what does it do"
thymara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 06:50 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

"Undo" for sending mail would be nice.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 06:58 AM   #5
akorvemaker
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
"Undo" for sending mail would be nice.
I agree. I suspect some people hate the idea, but I think a (optional) 10-20 second delay on outgoing messages would work well.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 12:52 PM   #6
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymara View Post
while it is great news it would be nice to have such things announced in a formal way so that your customers, assuming you are an FM reseller or equivalent, aren't one step ahead of you and asking "what's this undo thing and what does it do"
That is one of the main reasons I visit this forum almost daily. It is the best source for working out what FM is doing.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 05:35 PM   #7
rabarberski
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
That is one of the main reasons I visit this forum almost daily. It is the best source for working out what FM is doing.
Perhaps, but not very efficient.
I have an RSS feed to the fastmail blog, that's how I knew.
But still, PR and Fastmail doesn't go together very well. If I were them, I would have sent out some emails...
rabarberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2012, 12:32 AM   #8
akorvemaker
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabarberski View Post
If I were them, I would have sent out some emails...
Pfft! Who uses email anymore?
Old 21 Dec 2012, 12:51 PM   #9
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Keyboard shortcut list

By the way, the keyboard shortcut "z" will perform the same action as the undo link at the top after an action. See a full list of the known shortcuts at:
Keyboard shortcut list

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2012, 09:58 AM   #10
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
I agree. I suspect some people hate the idea, but I think a (optional) 10-20 second delay on outgoing messages would work well.
Well, I am one of those who whould hate this idea. I often work with others in real time and need emails to go out immediately. I am with "fastmail" for "fast" mail.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2013, 04:44 AM   #11
mgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaLamb View Post
Well, I am one of those who whould hate this idea. I often work with others in real time and need emails to go out immediately. I am with "fastmail" for "fast" mail.
There is a discussion on this (which I started) over on 'Feature Requests' - the idea would be that it would be something customizable (or at least turn on or off) like what you get in Outlook and now Gmail. Basically the option to schedule an email for later either by default (say, 20s or 2 min) or for a specific email. The way Outlook implements it, you can also override by setting a message to high priority (which is something I wish they'd put back into the interface).

<M>
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote