EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 11 May 2024, 12:46 AM   #1
trikotret

Gmail Alias Calendar Invite

Hi All
I setup my custom domain as an alias in my Gmail personal account. How do I accept calendar invites with alias? Whenever I accept an invite, it shows the inviter my main email address and not alias.
trikotret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 May 2024, 02:39 AM   #2
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I would really like to know how to do that. Also with Fastmail's calendar.
I handle my calendar manually because both Gmail and Fastmail would send responses to calendar events with addresses I would rather not shove into my collaborators' address books.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 05:54 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm pretty sure any response to a calendar invite will show your main Gmail address.

Quote:
Calendar: When you respond to invitations forwarded from your alternate address, the event organizer will see the responses come from your Gmail address.
https://support.google.com/accounts/...87969289290-NA
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 07:24 AM   #4
trikotret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I'm pretty sure any response to a calendar invite will show your main Gmail address.

https://support.google.com/accounts/...87969289290-NA
I actually tried that but it does reveal my main email account.
Old 11 May 2024, 03:41 PM   #5
Avion

One can create a Google account (note, not a Gmail account) for calendar ONLY, check out this link:

https://xneelo.co.za/help-centre/ema...-domain-email/

Ignore the fact that 'Xneelo' have published this, the instructions for setting up are still valid.
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 12:28 AM   #6
trikotret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avion View Post
One can create a Google account (note, not a Gmail account) for calendar ONLY, check out this link:

https://xneelo.co.za/help-centre/ema...-domain-email/

Ignore the fact that 'Xneelo' have published this, the instructions for setting up are still valid.
I did this and tested it. It still shows the main email account accept the invite.
Old 13 May 2024, 07:02 PM   #7
Avion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
I did this and tested it. It still shows the main email account accept the invite.
I did this and tested it. It worked OK for me.

I created an event/invite in the newly created Google Calendar, invited 2 people (myself in my default Google Calendar, and another Gmail account I have), and their calendars both added the event - I had the guest list 'hidden' so neither account could see who had been invited, only themselves) and the invite came from the newly created Google Calendar.

I then added another person to the event (myself in a non-Gmail account) and received an email with an invite to the event. The guest list remained hidden and the from email address was for my alias.
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 10:03 PM   #8
trikotret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avion View Post
I did this and tested it. It worked OK for me.

I created an event/invite in the newly created Google Calendar, invited 2 people (myself in my default Google Calendar, and another Gmail account I have), and their calendars both added the event - I had the guest list 'hidden' so neither account could see who had been invited, only themselves) and the invite came from the newly created Google Calendar.

I then added another person to the event (myself in a non-Gmail account) and received an email with an invite to the event. The guest list remained hidden and the from email address was for my alias.
Let me try again.