EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Aug 2014, 01:26 PM   #16
adamlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Fastmail...seem not hosted in the US.
The New York Internet Company.
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2014, 02:40 PM   #17
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Yes, Fastmail's production servers are in New York City, USA
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2014, 06:10 PM   #18
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Yes, Fastmail's production servers are in New York City, USA
OK thanks for letting me know.

And for the OP's question, I was thinking a good solution is to buy a domain and host the email on Gandi or Yandex or Mail.ru, all of them are free. (Gandi requires you buy the domain from them.)

If you'd like I can provide the email account at @cloudcache.net (yandex) or @mail2000.us (mail.ru) for free.
jeffpan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2014, 11:12 AM   #19
paul29

I thought the requirement of fast tech support respone was intended as a swipe at Fastmail, so I didn't mention them earlier. I'm generally happy with them and they've been around a long time, but I do have to agree that their tech support is slow.

I think it is best to receive email at your own domain. That lets you move around from one mail host to another without having to change your email address. Otherwise you're locked in.

Roundcube and squirrelmail are nowhere near as nice to use as Gmail. Fastmail is comparable to gmail though maybe slightly less slick. Right now there's unfortunately no non-proprietary webmail application that's comparable, but it is bound to happen sooner or later.

If you have your own domain, mxroute.com is ridiculously cheap, though relatively new.
paul29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 02:23 AM   #20
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I was thinking a good solution is to buy a domain and host the email on Gandi or Yandex or Mail.ru, all of them are free. (Gandi requires you buy the domain from them.)

If you'd like I can provide the email account at @cloudcache.net (yandex) or @mail2000.us (mail.ru) for free.

Jeffpan, Yandex says Cloudcache.net does not exist. This has been true for months. I sent you a PM here asking about it a few months ago but you did not reply. I see you are currently active on the forum, and I'm glad you are OK, so I'll ask the question in this thread --

What is the status of cloudcache.net? Did you decommission it?
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 10:48 AM   #21
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
Jeffpan, Yandex says Cloudcache.net does not exist. This has been true for months. I sent you a PM here asking about it a few months ago but you did not reply. I see you are currently active on the forum, and I'm glad you are OK, so I'll ask the question in this thread --

What is the status of cloudcache.net? Did you decommission it?
Can you continue to use @yedujuan.com which is hosted by aliyun?
I saw you have an account which begins with nep*** there.
Thanks.
jeffpan is online now   Reply With Quote