EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 May 2017, 07:06 PM   #1
evilquoll

Using Pegasus Mail v4.7

Some people (on another, not email, forum) have suggested that Pegasus Mail is "old" and that I should "switch to something more modern". This however is unfeasible as I have 20 years' worth of mail, including important stuff such as software licence keys, so any replacement would at the very least have to understand PMail's UNIX .MBX files, and probably its index files as well. Is there any such?

Meanwhile, I have moved my PMail installation to my NAS drive, so that I can access it from anywhere on my network, and so as to protect my mail archives from corruption. The problem I have found with this is that while it will run from the NAS on Windows 7, it cannot do so from Windows 10, Apart from reverting to Windows 7, is there any cure for this?
evilquoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 May 2017, 12:00 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

I wanted to refer you to the Pegasus community forum, but it seems that http://community.pmail.com/ is in error at the moment.

Quote:
Oops something went wrong!
Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote