EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Dec 2021, 11:58 AM   #1
bbrener
Essential Contributor

Masked Email

I have been a Fastmail customer almost from the beginning .. at least 20 years. I think that Masked Email is a great idea. However, the use of 1Password only is a thinly veiled marketing attempt and somewhat insulting to the many experienced users you have who have used other services for years. I have used Roboform Password manager for almost as many years as I have used Fastmail and I have no intent or desire to switch it out for 1 Password and change my whole security setup and that of my family.
By implementing masked email (And potentially other services) that forces your users to switch password managers is unfortunate.
This should have been password manager agnostic.
bbrener is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Dec 2021, 01:21 PM   #2
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

1Password isn't required to use masked email, so you can keep using your password manager of choice while taking advantage of the masked email feature. Everything can be done through the Fastmail web interface.

Using 1Password simply streamlines creating a masked email address when setting up a new account on a website and blocking the address if you start receiving spam.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2021, 06:52 PM   #3
bbrener
Essential Contributor

Thank you for explaining that. The newsletter announcement made it sound like that was the way it worked and did not give more details. So my apologies for not fully understanding.
bbrener is offline   Reply With Quote