EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 13 Apr 2015, 05:02 PM   #1
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

dot.tk email/URL forwarding broken

I have a free domain registered with dot.tk

Sometime last weekend (11+12 April) both email forwarding and URL forwarding stopped working. I've submitted a support ticket, but as it is a free domain, I don't have much hope for a response.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Apr 2015, 07:20 PM   #2
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I have a free domain registered with dot.tk

Sometime last weekend (11+12 April) both email forwarding and URL forwarding stopped working. I've submitted a support ticket, but as it is a free domain, I don't have much hope for a response.
I one time did receive a response from DotTK, I hope their helpdesk is still as active as back then. I don't use a free .tk domain anymore but used to have one (I cannot say "own", because to own a .tk domain you do need to pay)

Two small nuances:
- to avoid such issues, you can move the domain to your webhost or other nameservers (nowadays .tk domains can be moved to another DNS, in the days when I used them it was obligatory for free domains to use DotTK's own nameservers)
- keep an eye on having enough visits to the domain, as DotTK disables domains that are forwarded to inactive URL's or that don't receive enough hits per month ; however, if you visit your own site this does count as a hit
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote