EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 11 Dec 2006, 10:15 PM   #16
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by bramhall
Could this (from POP3/SMTP help) be the reason: If you also want to download emails older than POP3 access activation, select the \"Allow POP3 access to older than POP3 access activation\" checkbox
I had tried that option, no change. I have had this account for some time now. I also keep the Inbox cleaned out.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:53 PM   #17
paul33

it is strange a little bit.
when you send from inbox.com mails, they arrive fast on some providers like gmx.de or yahoo.com, but when you send it to other providers like live mail it arrives 20 or 30 minutes later.
hmm, what is the reason for that?
i really want to use inbox.com, but not trust fully in that service.
paul33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2006, 02:59 AM   #18
Mechant Loup

Quote:
Originally posted by paul33
it is strange a little bit.
when you send from inbox.com mails, they arrive fast on some providers like gmx.de or yahoo.com, but when you send it to other providers like live mail it arrives 20 or 30 minutes later.
hmm, what is the reason for that?
i really want to use inbox.com, but not trust fully in that service.
I don't trust in it any more... but delays can also be due to greylisting. Study the headers to see if the message was delayed because of that. This should, of course, only affect the first time the message was sent.
Mechant Loup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2006, 07:37 PM   #19
paul33

one thing that disturb me at inbox.com is, that they are not updating or put new feautures to their mail service.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 08:53 PM   #20
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

What features do you have in mind? If anything in particular, did you ask support at inbox for your favourite(s) ? Are you saying any service should add a new toy once a week or so ?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2006, 11:07 PM   #21
paul33

not every week, but once in a month or so.
i miss some functions,for example i want to see only subject of a mail and not a preview of the the mail, in gmail you can disable this,but not at inbox.com. contacted inbox support, and they did answer me,they will not create such a thing. all in all it seems to me they are not going to add new functions.

and such small things you call toys, are if you see them as whole a strategic advantage against other providers and give customers more satisfaction.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 02:09 AM   #22
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by paul33
i miss some functions,for example i want to see only subject of a mail and not a preview of the the mail, in gmail you can disable this,but not at inbox.com. contacted inbox support, and they did answer me,they will not create such a thing. all in all it seems to me they are not going to add new functions.
I don't see a preview of my messages, just a simple message listing. I can't recall whether or not I've ever changed the setting, but under Settings > Email: General settings > Browsing folders > View type, the radio button next to "Simple view - display a list of messages in the selected folder" is ticked. Perhaps your "View type" is set to "Split view - display a list of messages and message details on a single page"?

Edit: On second look, I do see a little of the message body displayed on the line next to the subject of each message. I guess this is probably what you mean by a "preview", what Gmail actually refers to as a "snippet". If so, you're right, I don't see any way to turn that off in Inbox.com. Nor does Gmail, which has been around longer, seem to have an option to show a split screen view.

Second edit: In response to your more general complaint about inbox.com, their slow rate of adding new features, while I've never even tried some of the features they already have (including POP3, since I rarely ever use it anymore), I'd rather see them concentrate on making the system work more reliably than it has been in my experience before adding any new features. If the service as it is was just more reliable, I'd be quite content with its current feature set.

Last edited by xmailer : 15 Dec 2006 at 03:53 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2006, 03:52 AM   #23
paul33

yeah, you got it xmailer.
i meant "snippet".
Old 17 Dec 2006, 06:01 AM   #24
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
So it ain't that reliable after all then?

Must say my first thought was to just stick to Yahoo and open a new account there, but I already have two Yahoo mailboxes and thought of trying something new, but it has to be equally reliable of course...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2006, 06:57 AM   #25
jcwoods

i've been using inbox.com for a while now and find i'm starting to use it more as my primary account. So far not a single issue. My only complaint is i'd like to see thumbnails of pics by default, like Gmail and Live.
jcwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2006, 07:06 AM   #26
JTB

No problems so far using Inbox.com for me.

The only issue I have with Inbox.com is it adds, like Gmail, that damn "on behalf of" or "sender:" line. So emails show up something like:

Sender: myemail@inbox.com

Very annoying. It's the exact same reason I stopped using Gmail as my primary. And did the same with Inbox.com when i found out it was adding that same crap to my outgoing emails. Oh, and I have a PAID Inbox.com account. Paid accounts shouldn't have those "sender" lines added to the headers to be honest.

Regards.

EDIT: BTW, I like to use webmail more then IMAP. I'm using Fastmail.FM at the moment. I love the interface and no annoying "sender" line added to outgoing emails.
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2017, 08:52 PM   #27
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul33 View Post
inbox.com is great.
i would like to use it as my primarily account.
the only reason i do not is, that i fear they are going to be a pay service in near future.
it is a kind of strange feeling, but i got no evidence for that, just a feeling.
Your feeling turned out to be right. It took them over 10 years, but inbox.com is now indeed no longer offering free accounts.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote