EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Apr 2014, 10:07 PM   #1
holden

Feature Request - Extra Package

Hi!

Here goes. I'm an ex MyOpera user, and FM interface is one of the best i've encountered this far. But, the issue i have is pricing. Here's the question: Am i the only one who feels there should be an additional option between the full and enhanced account? Something like 5gb mailbox, 1gb storage, use own domain, and in the range of 25$? Wouldn't that be a very competitive package, considering what other providers are offering?
Anyway, just my 2 cents.
I'll keep on looking in the meantime
holden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Hi!

Here goes. I'm an ex MyOpera user, and FM interface is one of the best i've encountered this far. But, the issue i have is pricing. Here's the question: Am i the only one who feels there should be an additional option between the full and enhanced account? Something like 5gb mailbox, 1gb storage, use own domain, and in the range of 25$? Wouldn't that be a very competitive package, considering what other providers are offering?
Anyway, just my 2 cents.
I'll keep on looking in the meantime
Hello, Holden.

It used to be that you could subscribe for up to five years at a time and receive a substantial discount.

I once created a spreadsheet calculating the annual price of the multi-year offerings. An Enhanced account five year subscription brought the yearly price down to $31.95 -- not too far from your $25.00 sweet spot.

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to find the multi-year subscription web page.

Perhaps writing to pre-sales support would confirm whether or not multi-year subscriptions are still offered.

Good luck.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

I guess I missed this concurrent thread:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=68838

So, yes, you can still take advantage of the multi-year discounts.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2014, 03:46 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Fastmail rounded their pricing up to even dollars. So the lowest cost account with use of your own domain is US$32.00/year (Enhanced 5 year subscription). This is only US$2.67 per month (US$0.09/day), a tiny fraction of what I spend for Internet access at my house or via LTE mobile.

By the way, Fastmail is currently developing a calendar feature (now in early beta) which can synchronize with other calendars (such as Apple iOS device calendars).

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote