EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 8 Apr 2005, 06:47 AM   #1
gordyb

Paid for Runbox still locked out.

I hadn't checked the runbox account for two days. Today I did and was prompted the trial period had expired. Pay the fee to unlock my account instantly.

Ok I says....I PAID for 3 years subscription via paypal 4 hours ago and I am still denied access.

Paypal has sent me a receipt that runbox has my $, so I why can't I get in??

Do they REALLY mean a day or two?

Thanks,

Gordy
gordyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Apr 2005, 06:55 AM   #2
markb4506

They may not know yet.

Paypal is an 'indirect' method of payment.

Paypal send them an email to let them know you've paid, they then collect the money from their Paypal account. The email you got just means the money has been transferred to Runbox's Paypal account - not that they've actually collected it.

If it's only been 4 hours....

I paid for mine using a credit card direct with Runbox and the account 'unlocked' instantly.
markb4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2005, 07:05 AM   #3
gordyb

Point taken.

They should put a disclaimer on the payment methods that will not unlock instant. No worries.

Thanks for the reply

GB
Old 8 Apr 2005, 07:50 AM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Yes, Liz has said before that Paypal can take a couple of days for them to process.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2005, 10:33 AM   #5
gordyb

Just to clarify my reason for needing it so quickly...my internet service went out for a day..first time it has happened to me.

However their email service was not affected. Makes little difference if you can't get online...unless, you have elected to have all email forwarded to runbox as I had done. As luck would have it, today was the day my trial ran out. I had intended to purchase but was waiting for an item on ebay to sell to cover the expense.

Since servers do go out I have found it usefull to keep a copy of email on the web. I have been doiing it with mailblocks but the largest size they offer is 100MB while Runbox offers 1GB for about the same cost.

My registration is active now. I did sign up for 3 years, the only
thing that makes me leary is I have purchased services before and had them go out of business along with my money.
I hope runbox goes on and on and on...you get the picture.

I think I'll be very happy with runbox. Thanks for the reply's.

Old 8 Apr 2005, 10:49 AM   #6
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Just curious. It sounds like you're using Runbox as a backup. Why not use a free service like Yahoo or Gmail for a backup service?

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2005, 02:05 AM   #7
Joseph3_98

I've been a Runbox e-mailer since about the year 2000, and there's not been too many signs of trouble. They are making a decent profit off their services and are expanding their hardware, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Joseph
Joseph3_98 is offline   Reply With Quote