EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Feb 2023, 07:23 PM   #1
unhammer

Duplicate Calendar event?

Is there a way to duplicate an event in the fastmail calendar, with all its settings? (To use one as a template.)
unhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Feb 2023, 08:42 PM   #2
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

The above post links to an explanation on how to duplicate an event almost entirely.
The way I use it: I drag the event to some empty spot in the calendar, and hold the alt button when releasing the mouse button: that creates an almost exact duplicate. The only difference is the date and time. Then usually I open the duplicate event and edit the Date and time because very often the event cannot be dragged to where I want it to be.
I managed to alt-drag an event to the same place and it created an exact duplicate (as far as I can see).
I don't know any way to duplicate an event without a mouse. Specifically I don't see how I can duplicate an event on the phone.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Mar 2023, 11:30 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

My experience is the same as hadaso. On a PC use ALT while dragging to copy.

This is a keyboard shortcut, so I believe shortcuts must be enabled for this to work. See the following Help page and scroll down to Calendar shortcuts.
Keyboard shortcuts

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote