EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jul 2018, 04:41 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
What's the best webmail?

If you prefer using webmail anytime rather than a client, the webmail system is successful. Only Fastmail and Gmail have this capability to me. So I think both are the best webmail on the planet. How do you think of it?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jul 2018, 07:09 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Personally, I like Gmail's webmail. Labels are so powerful and quick compared to folders that it would be very hard to go back. I am forced to use Outlook at work and it feels so slow and awkward, plus I can never find anything. However, some are wedded to putting everything into folders and that is the only way they can work. I think it truly comes down to preferences. I also use Outlook.com a fair bit and I think it has one of the best webmail interfaces with the traditional folder structure. If I had to leave Gmail I would probably go to Outlook.com as my main account. I have tried many webmail interfaces on different services and they all feel clunky compared to Gmail.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:57 PM   #3
edu

Fastmail is the best for me, and I love all the features it offers. Other simpler webmails I like are tutanota and hushmail (desktop and mobile interfaces) and always those who use the simple rouncube interface.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 08:39 PM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
Fastmail is the best for me, and I love all the features it offers. Other simpler webmails I like are tutanota and hushmail (desktop and mobile interfaces) and always those who use the simple rouncube interface.
Then you could try get a Riseup.net account which is roundcube and privacy cared.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 10:03 PM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Then you could try get a Riseup.net account which is roundcube and privacy cared.
Or good old Tuffmail. Has the latest versions of Roundcube and Squirrelmail active.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 11:05 PM   #6
edu

Quote:
I had it before but I deactivated after some time. I also used in the past Posteo, Kolab and Gandi email, using Rouncube.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2018, 05:02 AM   #7
Glista

I use Gmail privately and CrossBox at work.

I must admit that crossbox blew us away with the number of cool features and a really slick GUI. Unfortunately, it's not free but we had some luck to get it for free via our hosting provider which offers it as one of the webmail options.

I used to use Roundcube a lot but now it's even more apparent that it lacks many functionalities to be called a modern webmail client.
Glista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 06:52 AM   #8
victoria1

I prefer arvig webmail. It is easy to use and it provides security to the emails. This provides high-speed internet too.
victoria1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2020, 03:35 AM   #9
InquiringMind

I agree about Fastmail's web interface. It is excellent.

The only time I use Outlook as a client is if I need sophisticated sorting capability.

Personally, I find Gmail's web interface very busy, but I know some folks like that.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 09:53 PM   #10
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

Gmail and OWA from Office 365.

OWA is giving the same working as Desktop client. Formatting email is excellent.

I am using both interface and each one is perfect.

Gmail is good when you need speed and small replies.

OWA is good when you need more and more formatting and folder management.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:52 AM   #11
earlybird

Quote:
If you prefer using webmail anytime rather than a client, the webmail system is successful. Only Fastmail and Gmail have this capability to me. So I think both are the best webmail on the planet. How do you think of it?
fastmail > gsuite/gmail > o365 >> open-xchange > everything else I know.

As for webmail, I've used O365, GSuite, Roundcube professionally, and Fastmail, Open-XChange, Gmail privately.

Fastmail is the currently best experience. With labels in beta, it'll be as powerful as gmail/gsuite's "view" on the mailbox. I love the keyboard shortcuts, and the very fast loading times. Search is OK. Generally, simple and good.

Gsuite/Gmail used to be very good until the current UI iteration. Now it's slow garbage, on par with what outlook.office.com serves. Before the current gen interface, Gmail/Gsuite was sharp & fast. Best bang for the buck when Gsuite was cheap. Now Fastmail is what Gmail used to offer, to me. Unfortunately, due to Google's unopposable, notorious account bans, not a company to do my private business with. Still a winner if you onboard your company. Can't afford to have my email hoster shut me down because somebody didn't like my PlayStore app review (I always keep ALL email offline and searchable with mbsync + notmuch, but that's not a useful risk to take). Still simple enough to be appealing.

O365's outlook.office.com is still inferior to current Gmail as a private user but it's stronger when the company is fully on Microsoft, then the integration between all the subservices is nice and makes some things simple. Serious shortcoming: impossible (either disabled by our admin or for whatever reason) to view the raw messages (envelope, raw headers and body) now. Useless for people who deal with email deliverability on a technical basis. Platform for stacking everything Microsoft thinks a business needs on top of each other. Not simple. Weird keyboard shortcuts.
earlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2020, 11:07 AM   #12
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Now I want to add UKR.net which is quite clean and fast. App is great and green.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 08:14 PM   #13
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
[b]Serious shortcoming: impossible (either disabled by our admin or for whatever reason) to view the raw messages (envelope, raw headers and body) now. Useless for people who deal with email deliverability on a technical basis. Platform for stacking everything Microsoft thinks a business needs on top of each other. Not simple. Weird keyboard shortcuts.
Must be disabled by your admin (although i did some digging and have not found how to disable it), right click on the message - view message details should give you the details you are after.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2020, 02:03 AM   #14
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Why is this thread in the Fastmail Forum?

Perhaps it could be moved to "Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous" where it belongs.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote