EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Mar 2020, 10:34 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
The premium email services I had used

1. Mailbox.org: low pricing, solid features. Powered by OX, but their exchange sync is bugful, dropped.
  2. Fastmail: good webmail, rich features (antispam, route, forwarding, customized domain etc), pricing is too high, dropped.
  3. Runbox: solid email system, slow from here, webmail is urgy, dropped.
  4. Pobox.com: I use their mailstore account, good experience for both forwarding and webmail store
  5. g suite: Have business plan with them, 12 usd/month to get unlimited drive storage, never used their email
  6. Tuffmail: rich features as fastmail, solid systems, the only flaw is their webmail urgy (RR or squirrel), dropped.
  7. Tutanota: have no good experience with them, slow webmail only system, won't renew it
  8. mail.de: mobile app is cute and fast, nice domain name, but webmail is out of date, doesn't support owned domain, wont renew it
  9. zoho: rich features on app, bad antispam system, pricing is cheap, dropped.
  10. Freenet/earthlink/Netzero/Verizon: these four were ISP email, I once had premium accounts with them, didn't remember anything about them.
  11. MXroute: good reseller email system, https://www.199903.xyz/ powered by them.

Do you have any experience on paid email to share? Thanks.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:05 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
MXroute: good reseller email system, https://www.199903.xyz/ powered by them.
No one has so far mentioned the possible big problem with this provider?

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...&postcount=554

Quote:
Personally, I would not recommend MXroute to anyone based on my own brief use of their service that ended when the company cancelled my account after a couple of customer service issues. The owner hurled personal insults along with the issue, and blamed me the customer for not understanding how email works. The issue had to do with forwarding emails, which does work reliably with other services and has for years despite MXroute's statements to the contrary. In any case, their entire attitude towards customers appears to be that they are a huge bother and should just send money and take whatever level of service they receive. That is not a successful business model.
You're to be applauded for your generosity in offering this free service to the forum members, but in view of the e-mail forwarding attitude of MXroute (whether you like it or not) there is the possibility of one or more of your free users being responsible for loss of service, which is at the mercy of Jarland.

It's his party after all.

Last edited by FredOnline : 28 Mar 2020 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Missed out a word
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 12:00 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

I currently use G Suite and Outlook 365 at work, and both are excellent for business use. Not sure their complications are worth it for the average person who just wants email at their own domain. In my experience regular Gmail and G Suite offer the best antispam and phishing measures of any service, and Outlook 365 is close. If you want the utmost security and reliability use one of these. Business grade.

For individuals wanting email at their own domain I would recommend Fastmail or Pobox.com, which are both excellent services. I have used both and can recommend them.

Others I have tried briefly and do not recommend include MXroute, Migadu, Porkbun, Zoho and Namecheap. Porkbun and Namecheap provide inexpensive and simple email setup if you host your domains with them, but the webmail is simplistic and not very good. You are required to use a third-party app to access via your phone. Migadu just never updates. Their service seems OK, but lacks 2FA security for the webmail, which is just basic security level these days. Zoho is interesting, but seems to suffer from fairly frequent performance issues. They are so focused on their business suite that I suspect their email is overkill for most people.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 12:59 AM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I have used LuxSci in the past and I have to say their service was solid. It was a package included a back-up of all emails, a back-up from which emails couldn't even be deleted (which I liked, although I can see not everyone would like that) and this back-up of the emails had a seperate log-in from the email account itself. I was pleased with their service, but I opted to not pay for email anymore since I already spend money on domain names (for which there is no solid free alternative, unlike email), hosting, ...

I've used Fastmail back when it was still free, I liked it but find their pricing a bit high so I opted not to switch to the paid service.

PS Jeffpan: instead of dropping your accounts with Zoho and mail.de alltogether, why not switch to the free version so that you can keep your accounts?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 10:02 AM   #5
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post

You're to be applauded for your generosity in offering this free service to the forum members, but in view of the e-mail forwarding attitude of MXroute (whether you like it or not) there is the possibility of one or more of your free users being responsible for loss of service, which is at the mercy of Jarland.

Hello

I in fact didn't submit even one ticket to mxroute, so I dont know if their support is good or bad.
I just found their reseller hosting system is very easy to setup, so I praise this.
If mxroute have canceled my account, or stop their service, I will migrate the service to my dedicated server at OVH, with mail-in-a-box to setup a new hosting.
I am faimiliar with email server, but even mail-in-a-box is complicated to make everything work fine.
Relatively speaking mxroute is easy to setup the whole stuff.

regards.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 10:05 AM   #6
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I have used LuxSci in the past and I have to say their service was solid. It was a package included a back-up of all emails, a back-up from which emails couldn't even be deleted (which I liked, although I can see not everyone would like that) and this back-up of the emails had a seperate log-in from the email account itself. I was pleased with their service, but I opted to not pay for email anymore since I already spend money on domain names (for which there is no solid free alternative, unlike email), hosting, ...

I've used Fastmail back when it was still free, I liked it but find their pricing a bit high so I opted not to switch to the paid service.

PS Jeffpan: instead of dropping your accounts with Zoho and mail.de alltogether, why not switch to the free version so that you can keep your accounts?
  1. Zoho sucks, it always drop my messages into junk. for free edition, it even doesn't have imap/smtp support.
  2. Mail.de: the free edition is worse, full of ADs in page, having ADs in the signature, no aliases
Old 29 Mar 2020, 10:08 AM   #7
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Others I have tried briefly and do not recommend include MXroute, Migadu, Porkbun, Zoho and Namecheap. Porkbun and Namecheap provide inexpensive and simple email setup if you host your domains with them, but the webmail is simplistic and not very good. You are required to use a third-party app to access via your phone. Migadu just never updates. Their service seems OK, but lacks 2FA security for the webmail, which is just basic security level these days. Zoho is interesting, but seems to suffer from fairly frequent performance issues. They are so focused on their business suite that I suspect their email is overkill for most people.
I totally agree with you.

For personal email hosting, I perfer pobox mailstore (webmail + forwarding with alias), then Tuffmail as alternative.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 03:09 PM   #8
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi,

My Favourites are

Pobox.com
Fastmail.com
G Suite
Office 365
Protonmail
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 07:25 PM   #9
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
  1. Zoho sucks, it always drop my messages into junk. for free edition, it even doesn't have imap/smtp support.
I would like to disagree on this. Zoho served me very good since registration. Interface/functionality is as good as Gmail/Fastmail.

They recently stopped imap/smtp for new free accounts. Existing accounts still working.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 11:17 PM   #10
ankupan

It is matter of their IP and MX record.

where Zoho is treated as Junk mail.

G Suite and office 365 or Fastmail has a good score for Spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1acc View Post
I would like to disagree on this. Zoho served me very good since registration. Interface/functionality is as good as Gmail/Fastmail.

They recently stopped imap/smtp for new free accounts. Existing accounts still working.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2020, 07:41 PM   #11
chrisretusn

A very interesting thread. I haven't has a premium account, since.... back in the dial up days. I guess I could include as premium my first non-dail up ISP account. A simple POP3 server with very limited storage, basically an old style POP account.

All the accounts I have now are free ones. That said...

I am thinking over getting a premium account or at least dumping those services that keep putting legit emails in the junk file.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2020, 01:34 AM   #12
rmannam

This news may be interesting to Zoho users: https://entrackr.com/2020/03/zoho-fi...-trade-secret/
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2020, 04:39 AM   #13
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post

In a recent post and a recent blog post I've proven definitively that email forwarding to major providers will result in not receiving certain emails, and if it's a flaw that I refund and send people on their way for implying that I'm a liar and badgering me about it then I suppose I'll accept that label.

If you have service with me and you're at all unhappy about it feel free to talk to me about it. You can use your MXroute billing account login at chat.mxroute.com and reach out to me directly anytime. I'm of the opinion that this would be more productive than citing a single post by a user in 2018 as evidence of anything significant. Of course you can find others with opinions to share along the same lines, but there's two sides to every story. Example: https://www.trustpilot.com/users/5d9...e7683c5227754c

What you're saying about "the possibility of one or more of your free users being responsible for loss of service" is simply not true, and I'd appreciate not spreading inaccurate information about me. I've gone out of my way to both accommodate forwarding and make it known to end users that forwarding has limitations imposed by companies that I (nor any other email provider, regardless of how silent they are on the matter) cannot control. If any of jeffpan's users present an issue for me I'll randomize their password and reach out to him. Whatever I've done to upset you, let's talk about it.

Last edited by jarland : 31 Mar 2020 at 07:24 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2020, 05:10 AM   #14
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I've proven definitively that email forwarding to major providers will result in not receiving certain emails,
What I found was that a very large number of emails forwarded from MxRoute were not being delivered, while emails forwarded via other services were being delivered. No, it was not a scientific study, just my own experience with how your service worked. When I raised a ticket on it you responded in an unprofessional manner and cancelled my account. Those are facts.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2020, 05:15 AM   #15
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
What I found was that a very large number of emails forwarded from MxRoute were not being delivered, while emails forwarded via other services were being delivered. No, it was not a scientific study, just my own experience with how your service worked. When I raised a ticket on it you responded in an unprofessional manner and cancelled my account. Those are facts.
Nothing about our outbound system is as it was in 2018 when you made the previously mentioned comment which I assume is based on the same experience as this one. I've since then dumped thousands of dollars into an incredibly complex and powerful infrastructure. You can read more about it here: https://mxroute.com/our-unique-outbound-infrastructure/

The only complaint I hear about email forwarding these days would be every couple months someone wonders why they didn't get a yahoo email forwarded to their Gmail, which is what i have proven in the above linked posts is physically impossible due to a decision made by Yahoo (to use reject in their DMARC record) and Google (to respect DMARC over SRS).

Quote:
you responded in an unprofessional manner
I'm sorry for coming across this way.

Last edited by jarland : 31 Mar 2020 at 05:22 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote