EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

View Poll Results: Should Fastmail warn you when you send mail without a subject?
Yes, of course. I can't believe you actually need to ask this! 18 23.68%
Well, yes. But it could get annoying. Make it an option, and all is well! 38 50.00%
No. I don't like warning dialogs. Let me do as I please! 15 19.74%
You know what? I don't care either way... 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:42 AM   #46
Smithy

Empty subject

Just after sending an email with empty subject I search for this topic in the emd forums and this thread turned up. Interesting to see that the argument is still going on two years after this thread was started.

I think it's more of a personal taste and preference. Some people will defend the status quo no matter what, because they are used to it. I have a co-worker who vigorously defends the use of emacs for sending/receiving emails and has been using it for the last 15 years. Do I want to tell him that modern email clients are easier to use? No way.

I use thunderbird most of the time, sometimes I just have to use the webmail interface once in a while and I end up sending emails with blank subject lines. Do I feel stupid after sending emails with empty subject? Yes. Am I lazy? No. The same story repeats over and over. I love at least this one thing hotmail does although I have not used hotmail for the last few years.

If anyone is using tuffmail, I would be very interested to know whether tuffmail has implemented such a feature. I have looked at the other features and find them to be comparable to FM.

edit: I meant to post this under the thread
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=26289
but accidently started a new thread. Could a moderator please move this post please?

Last edited by Smithy : 17 Nov 2006 at 12:53 AM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:59 PM   #47
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarioMor
This is the truth: doubtful question, unclear results.

The vice-versa, in this case, is better:

This is the truth: unclear question, doubtful results.

=================

And another typo:

Quote:
Originally posted by DarioMor
Maybe we need another voting...
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2006, 12:03 AM   #48
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Re: Empty subject

Quote:
Originally posted by Smithy
(...)

I love at least this one thing hotmail does although I have not used hotmail for the last few years.

If anyone is using tuffmail, I would be very interested to know whether tuffmail has implemented such a feature. I have looked at the other features and find them to be comparable to FM.

Someone finding something BETTER in Hotmail than Fatsmail?

I hope this will make the red light shine inside fastmail headquarters.
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote