EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 10 May 2013, 02:38 AM   #1
stefanb

Nested folders do not unfold

Hi, does anyone else experience that you cannot unfold nested folders at the moment. I tried the light and both rmm6 interfaces, but don't have access to my folders. Thanks, Stefan
stefanb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 May 2013, 08:22 PM   #2
tomhab
Essential Contributor

Not sure I understand... I can open and close nested folders
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 07:04 PM   #3
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanb View Post
Hi, does anyone else experience that you cannot unfold nested folders at the moment. I tried the light and both rmm6 interfaces, but don't have access to my folders. Thanks, Stefan
Is this on Windows? Try CTRL+F5 when you experience this issue.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 07:07 PM   #4
stefanb

Since the problem still persists today, let me explain. Initially I wasn't able to unfold any folders, both rmm6 basic and enhanced and light interface, from Safari on iPhone 3GS. There is no problem using a PC, but going back onto my phone yesterday, the nested folders were all unfolded, and I wasn't able to fold them up (in all instances trying both global and folder-specific fold/unfold buttons). I'm precious about using mobile interfaces on small screens and feel that runbox isn't supporting these as good as it used to (and I'm aware that the previous light interface was on the wrong platform and hence discontinued). Does anyone else experience the same using runbox on small screen mobile devices, or is it just me? Thanks, Stefan
Old 11 May 2013, 09:41 PM   #5
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I have just tried my own account using RMM6 on the iPhone using Safari and the folders fold and unfold as expected. I haven't seen a problem with folders on Safari on my Mac either.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2013, 10:18 PM   #6
stefanb

Thanks dbowdley for testing your end. I have cleared down all browser data now in addition to just rebooting the device and the folders now unfold/fold. There is something else I experience from time to time though and also related to folders; that is deleting a message which inadvertently folds up all the folders. Is it just me who experiences this stuff or have others too? Thanks, Stefan
Old 16 May 2013, 04:35 AM   #7
stefanb

Since no one else seems to experience this I put it down to browser/ device behaviour, though I have experienced that deleting a message in one folder (and no necessarily a single message in a folder and not necessarily in Spam or Trash folder) redirects to an altogether different folder, which again on a small device is more frustrating then on a computer. However I have experienced this previously on both devices. With the effect that I have brought this to attention I rest my case. Thanks, Stefan
Old 16 May 2013, 05:05 AM   #8
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Stefan, your post here is very timely. Yesterday we spent some time trying to reproduce some problems that Runbox members had reported to us, and we have successfully been able to reproduce the problem where folder navigation is broken and you end up back in your Inbox after performing some operations.

We also (think) we found how this can be avoided until we find the exact cause.

It seems that if you are a Runbox 6 user and use some browsers (Safari on Mac and iPhone/iPad included) to login to your account via www.runbox.com you can experience this problem. However, if you close the browser and re-open it and login via rmm6.runbox.com the problem doesn't appear. We have an idea why this might be happening and are investigating further so we can fix it.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the original problem you reported with folders yet.
Old 22 May 2013, 02:18 AM   #9
stefanb

Thanks dbowdley; I'm following your recommendation only to use the RMM6 URL. However I now encounter that moving a message from one folder into another inadvertently folds up all the folders. Please continue looking into this as such behaviour and having to unfold all folders to continue working is particularly annoying on a small screen. Thanks, Stefan
Old 24 May 2013, 05:51 AM   #10
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We believe we have now fixed this problem. We recommend you clear your browser cache and restart the browser before checking it is fixed for yourself.

We are interested to hear if anyone still has this problem so we can check whether we have missed something.

I am not sure if this fixes the folder collapsing problem. I am not able to replicate that problem myself.