EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Apr 2017, 12:08 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Retrieve mail via pop3

Using pop3 with classic version is easy as one two three. Try with the improved version and a page is shown saying retrieve mail from other accts using pop3 or something like that and. The page does not give a clue as to how to set up pop3 I am probably overlooking something.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Apr 2017, 12:35 AM   #2
Folio

Apologies in advance if this is not what you are looking for: In the blue bar across the top of the screen there is an "Add Identity/Fetch" button.
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2017, 01:21 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Folio you answered my question and I appreciate it very much. Another problem I had and never got it to work was setting FM to forward all mail to another address. Several forum members sent info but never could get it to work
I
Old 23 Apr 2017, 03:02 AM   #4
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Another problem I had and never got it to work was setting FM to forward all mail to another address. Several forum members sent info but never could get it to work
I
Here you are:
https://www.fastmail.com/help/receive/forward.html
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2017, 05:16 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks odedp for your response. I set up exactly per the instructions you sent but alas I just cannot forward with the improved Fast Mail. guess it don't like me
Old 23 Apr 2017, 06:51 AM   #6
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Thanks odedp for your response. I set up exactly per the instructions you sent but alas I just cannot forward with the improved Fast Mail. guess it don't like me
That's very strange. I suggest opening a support ticket.
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2017, 07:00 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks odedp. I tried changing browsers to no avail.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 08:10 AM   #8
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
If you have successfully set up a forwarding rule for all mail, and verified that the rule is there (i.e. you did not forget to save it) then this is extremely strange. I suggest you bring up the rule again and carefully check the spelling of the forwarded account. I have helped several people in setting up forwarding, and it definitely should work. Perhaps, you have custom sieve that is causing all the normal rules to be bypassed. If you have checked everything else, the problem might be at the receiving end. Perhaps, it is treating the forwarded mail as spam.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote