EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Sep 2016, 06:02 PM   #1
filbert

Runbox CalDav experience

There was another thread that purports to about this but it got hijacked and became all about something else....

I'm interested in how well it works. I currently use Memotoo for CalDAV (and CardDAV). I sync with the calendar on my Mac and three android devices (using Marten Gajda's CalDAV addin).

I find that Memotoo works pretty well and there is support for just about any device you can think of plus a reasonably usable web interface. However, I do lose events occasionally and I suspect that it's some sort of conflict that arises with all the devices I am using. I do try to make most changes via the Mac - but they don't always get uploaded.

I can manage without the web interface, if everything works as it should.

What do folks who are using Runbox CalDAV find in everyday use?

Thanks

Last edited by filbert : 1 Oct 2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: clarification
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Oct 2016, 12:51 AM   #2
mekitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
What do folks who are using it find in everyday use?
I am using BlackBerry CalDav and Thunderbird Lightning to access Runbox calendar. My primary device is BlackBerry, and there is no such issue with upload. I think, your events are missed due to some sort of "down time" as the calendar is beta version yet. I don't use beta web-interface at all.

The issue you are facing needs to be discussed with Runbox directly. It is better to open a support ticket and post the solution back here.

Regards,
Mek
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2016, 01:41 AM   #3
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekitron View Post
The issue you are facing needs to be discussed with Runbox directly. It is better to open a support ticket and post the solution back here.
Sorry, didn't make it clear, I haven't tried the Runbox Caldav yet. The sync issues I have are with Memotoo. I've edited my post to try to make that clearer.
Thanks for the response, anyway.
Old 1 Oct 2016, 02:27 AM   #4
smithmb001

I don't know, without a front end, I think this is a very poor implementation that fits the needs of a small number of RunBox customers.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2016, 04:22 AM   #5
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
I don't know, without a front end, I think this is a very poor implementation that fits the needs of a small number of RunBox customers.
Personally, I don't see the lack of a front end as a major issue. It's analogous to IMAP, lots of people use a mail client but some want webmail - either instead or as well.

I generally use a CalDAV client on my laptop/tablet, etc, and the only time I want a web based client is for troubleshooting - if there weren't any problems, I probably would only use it if I didn't have my phone/laptop or other device available, ie hardly ever.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 02:11 AM   #6
smithmb001

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
Personally, I don't see the lack of a front end as a major issue. It's analogous to IMAP, lots of people use a mail client but some want webmail - either instead or as well.
We will have to agree to disagree - mostly. CalDav is OK for someone like yourself, but for the average customer this is a poor implementation that offers no value-add to their current services. The good news, in 2-3 years, there may be a web front end for the calendaring service.

Also, just because I am slamming their implementation of CalDav does not mean I am not happy with RunBox. I am very happy with the core product (email).
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote