EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 9 Nov 2020, 06:01 PM   #1
gishy

emails

hi
first time here hope this is in the right area ,now this is the problem I have a free yahoo email account my wife has a sky email account and somehow she gets some of my emails but only some .am baffled as to whats going on she has a laptop via wifi and i use my desktop via ethernet cable both on win 10.
thanks in advance for any suggestions
gishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Nov 2020, 07:48 PM   #2
filbert

A couple of possibilities: an email was sent to both of you (but I guess you thought about that already) or there is a rule on the yahoo account to forward some emails.

I can’t think of anything else but I have never used either system - others, with more knowledge than I, might be able to suggest something.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2020, 10:02 PM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Not sure, but it sounds to me like the OP is saying when he sends email to his wife she only receives some of them. The first question I would ask is if your emails are showing up in your wife's spam/junk folder? If so, does Skymail have a way that she can label those emails as "not junk" or something like that? Also, you should both add the other to your list of contacts in whatever program you are using and on the webmail.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2020, 02:08 AM   #4
gishy

hi just to be clear emails that should go to my address are also going to hers only a few say 5%.last example is a reply from the police that has gone to my email and hers.one possible connection that has come to mind .my email is a yahoo.com one whereas the wifes is a sky one ,if i remember correctly the sky system is based on yahoo,s that is sky uses yahoo,s system if that makes sense
gishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2020, 06:45 AM   #5
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Yes, you’re correct. Also I think BT Internet / Openworld was to. It’s been a very long time since they operated talk21.com but I think bt has moved away.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote