EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 19 Nov 2003, 09:30 AM   #1
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Can my son get a memership?

I just tried to register my son to get his own membership for this forum and it said I was already registered.Can anyone tell me if more than one person from the same family can register on the same computer?And how one goes about this?Plus,how old does one need to be,I have noticed that some of the members are quite young and wondered if there was an age restriction?Thanks for answering all my questions. Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Nov 2003, 09:51 AM   #2
Malc 44
Essential Contributor

Hi Susan, he will need to register using a different e-mail address to yours. I don't believe there is an age limit, as you have seen Edwin and co. keep the forums moderated well.

Malc
Malc 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 09:51 AM   #3
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Susan, to get another "membership" logout your current account, register a new nick with a new email address.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 09:59 AM   #4
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Thanks Malc and Killer!! I forgot about logging out before I tried doing this! Susan.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 10:40 AM   #5
Edwin
 Administrator 

The age limit is 13. This is indicated during the signup process: "Note: By pressing the "Agree" button you declare that you are over the age of 13 and that you have read and agreed to all the above terms."

This age limit is in place purely for legal reasons, not for reasons of "suitability".
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:16 AM   #6
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Thankyou Edwin,he is only 12 so he will have to wait until next year.I realized that when we actually went to register.He loves sitting beside me and reading the replies,we are both learning a lot! It is a fantastic forum!! I wish I had of known about it at the beginning of September when we first connected to the internet.I am so glad you thought of creating this forum.Thankyou ever so much,I have learned so much already and still have a long way to go,there are a lot of fabulous people on here who are so kind and helpgul.I am proud to be a forum member. Susan.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:19 PM   #7
kingdonk

Age Limit

SusanUKF

As Edwin said, the age limit on thease forums is 13.
On other sites on the internet or forums, 13 is the age you must be to sign up to a site on your own, if they are below 13 they need their parents permission and or the parents to do it for them.
I do know that some forums, have a thing on where you enter your date of birth, if you are under 13 you will get a page that needs to be printed, and the parent to sign and fax to the forum owner.
If they are 13 or older then they are isntantly signed up.
There is something like this inline fore yahoo, but it dosent always work, as they dont like the idea, but have to have it implemented in some way.
kingdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:27 PM   #8
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Yes I know,my son has tried to join something,we found one that is moderated but yes,one has to fax or mail a permission form in,there was one that we found that costs money and interestingly enough all you had to was pay,no faxes...they just wanted the cash,we didn't comply,although it was tempting to sign up for their free trial one still had to provide a credit card and I wasn't prepared to do that.He wants to be like Kander on here,who is 17 and is way up there in posts,he thinks Kander is pretty cool,but he won't be 13 until Ocotber so he has a way to wait until then,but he can hardly wait and said by then he'll know so much that he'll have great fun on here...he is quite smart but have the time he isn't home(at school or at hsi friends or doing homework when I need computer assistance)and he isn't a big email fan like me..he has email and emails with his grandpa and two friends but is not obbessisve like I am. Susan.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:33 PM   #9
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Susan, you are obsessive, which is ok. I am an addict.... no life...
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:01 AM   #10
kingdonk

Your son can post or reply to messages with you, there is nothing wrong with the both of you adding your litle bit to replies or new posts.
Im sure your son will have alot of fun on this forum when he is 13.
I havent seen a forum before that has so many good people on without trying to ruin things, or ones that are moderated as good as this one.
It is a safe and fun community here.

If you have any computor or internet problems, there are alot of people on this forum that would be more tha happy to help you and your son, so you can learn new things, and always have help at hand.

Im not much of an e-mail fan, as i work with computors and e-mail all day, then after work (or in work).
I prefer the forums, especialy like this one.
I am obbsessive about the internet thou, or should that be passionate.
Ive been on the internet since 1996, seen the trends come and go, then evolve and have had my hand in differnt things, to start up then release so i have had my fare share of exitment but still remain unknown about a lot of things unlike other.
Even in my job, i blag my way thru, but i am considerd a guru.
Andrew
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:21 AM   #11
Malc 44
Essential Contributor

So what's to stop kid's lying about their age to get on to any site? I admire your parental guidance Susan, but is there really much difference between a 12 & 13 year old? Maybe if he's old enough to be interested then he's old enough to post. Not many kids of that age would be interested in a forum like this.

Maybe Edwin could make an exception for kids whose parents use the forum. After all, he's gonna be careful about what he posts if he knows Mom's a member!

Malc
Malc 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:32 AM   #12
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Yes,Andrew,you are very right about this being a fantastic foru,I joined up the end of October and love it!Everyone is very friendly,helpful and coureous,the off-topic lounge is a lot of fun too,wwelcom aboard,as I see you are a newbie! Susan.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:35 AM   #13
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Hey,Malc!You and I must have been posting at the same time,while I was replying to Andrew,you were replying to me,where has that happenned before? (ggg)I would have to get Edwin's permission for that but I don't want to bug him,maybe pm him about it? Susan.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:39 AM   #14
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re-reading Edwin's post,it says this is a mattter of legality so I think it is best to just wait until he is of the proper age and not to distrub the powers that be,as it were,he can watch over my shoulder and put his 2 cents in,as he has done a few times,so I think we shall jsut leave it as is for now...Kander won't have any competition for a while! (gggg) Susan.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:41 AM   #15
kingdonk

Thank you

Thank you, im am a newbie, but hopefully i will become a Essential Contributor like yourself.
I think that Edwin will allow your child to post mesages on the forum, as he is moderator, you are a great contributor and that you will more than likely be see what your sun is psoting, so i dont realy thing there is a problem, every one here will welcome him.
I realy must get some work done, but this forum, just keeps pulling me away when my inbox pings.