EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Oct 2005, 09:03 AM   #271
shortymcfly

Thumbs up Just wanted to say thanks...

I just wanted to thank fastmail.fm for providing a user-friendly, reliable, and free email service for me. I am in no way, shape, or form advertising (or affiliated with) this site. All the effort that they went into providing their email services, and I haven't paid a dime or contributed in any way. I figure the least I can do is pay my respects. Thanks again!
shortymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 07:10 PM   #272
inVision

Just renewed again for a year

This will be my third your as a FastMail enhanced subscriber
inVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2005, 01:45 PM   #273
chicamendez

Cool Re: FastMail Testimonials

What do I love about FastMail? Well, jeez...can I post a novel?

Okay, I'll spare you.

One thing that for me seals the deal, though, is that FastMail supports SSL all the way through a mail session.

Most mail providers don't even bother with SSL. Some allow you to log in via SSL, but then conduct the rest of your session in plaintext.

FastMail provides full SSL protection from login to logout. And, it's nearly as fast through SSL as it is through plaintext.

How can you beat that? You just can't.

Thanks FastMail.
chicamendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2005, 01:29 PM   #274
the bishop
Cornerstone of the Community

1 year enhanced, just reupped for 5 more! the price can't be beat! :-)
the bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2005, 07:55 AM   #275
Foaming Draught

Looking at a few gripes on other parts of the board, spurs me to say how great I have found FM to be during the couple of years which I've used it.
It's fast, it's flexible (I use multiple personalities), it's IMAP!!!!!, it's feature-rich (the files facility is invaluable), it's secure and has a great spam filter.
The premium service is excellent value for money, if you put a value on time freed from worrying about a mail-server.
I normally use a mail client, but FM's own web-interface is fine too.
No other mail service comes close. My business and personal life depend on FM, so they'd better hang around for a few years yet.
Foaming Draught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2006, 11:48 PM   #276
freaky

Thumbs up Security

I've been recently saved by fastmail's awesome security features. I love the anti-phishing feature. I'm not a security expert, but I'm not a computer dummy either. I try to avoid malicious email, but I just got one that looked so authentic. Thank god the anti-phishing feature caught what I didn't see. Thanks guys. Love the service.

freaky
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2006, 05:05 AM   #277
g4mby

Mail program deleted!

Last night I decided to upload all my saved mail to my FastMail account and un-install my e-mail program, The Bat!, that I have been using for several years now. I have that much faith in Fastmail and I certianly don't miss my much loved but slightly buggy piece of e-mail software.

Admittedly I have no local copy of my mail at present (apart from a backup of course) but the mail comes in and goes out of my FastMail account with such ease that I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Naturally I'm now on the lookout for a good IMAP client so that I can download all my mail again but until then I'm very happy with the service Fastmail provides.
g4mby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2006, 12:25 PM   #278
Rip Slagcheek

Outstanding

I had a free FM account for a couple of years that I basically never used. A couple of weeks ago I decided to combine several gmail accounts so I could just worry about 1 inbox, so I ponied up $20 for a full account . I can't believe I didn't realize how much better IMAP is with multiple computers and addresses. Now I forward all gmail accounts to FM (which are then forwarded to a gmail archive). I'm still working on setting up better rules, but I'm tremendously happy now. I would be happy with the service anyway, but now that I've been able to use wedDAV to sync calendars, I'm ecstatic. Most extensive and useful help files I've ever seen, plus this forum is great.
Rip Slagcheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2006, 04:34 AM   #279
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

IMAP incremental local backup

Quote:
Originally posted by g4mby
Admittedly I have no local copy of my mail at present (apart from a backup of course) but the mail comes in and goes out of my FastMail account with such ease that I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Naturally I'm now on the lookout for a good IMAP client so that I can download all my mail again but until then I'm very happy with the service Fastmail provides.
IMAPSize is a freeware Windows program which can perform incremental backup of IMAP folders, as well as providing many IMAP support features. New version 0.3.1 BETA was released on January 12th, 2006.

I am very happy with my Fastmail account. There are an amazing number of features, and I use most of them every day or two.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2006, 08:38 AM   #280
g4mby

Re: IMAP incremental local backup

Quote:
Originally posted by n5bb
IMAPSize is a freeware Windows program which can perform incremental backup of IMAP folders, as well as providing many IMAP support features.
Thanks Bill, I'll have a look.
Edit: Ok, I installed it and found that it crashed every 30 seconds or so, I couldn't even submit a bug report without experiencing a further crash.
Quote:
Originally posted by n5bb
I am very happy with my Fastmail account. There are an amazing number of features, and I use most of them every day or two.
Indeed. I've just had a look at my Yahoo! account. I can't think I'll ever use that again.

Last edited by g4mby : 28 Jan 2006 at 09:10 AM.
g4mby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2006, 12:03 PM   #281
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

IMAPSize

Quote:
Originally posted by g4mby
Ok, I installed it and found that it crashed every 30 seconds or so, I couldn't even submit a bug report without experiencing a further crash.
Sorry to hear that. I have had no problems here. I'm running IMAPSize verion 0.3.1 beta on a PC under Windows XP Home SP2.

The author (Ivan) has a support email address:
imapsize (at) broobles.com
I'm sure he would appreciate hearing about the conditions under which the crash occurred.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2006, 02:51 AM   #282
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I've been a member for a few months now, here is my opinion about FM:
Pluses:
1. Personalities - so easy to use !
2. Redirect - so many mailers don't allow it, thanks for providing it here !
3. Bounce - ditto.
4. IMAP - it's useful, thogh I personally have been using it less than I thought (but that's my problem...)
5. Nice, gimmick-free, feature-rich user interface

Minuses:
1. Miserly email storage quota
2. Designed with only the English-speaking user in mind. Procedure for switching between different character sets looks like an afterthought, and is a total botch-up.

To sum up: absolutely no regrets about spending US$14.95, though I'm only about 85% happy with the product.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Feb 2006, 02:29 PM   #283
LittleSpooky

Thumbs up

I just recently signed up for a free FastMail account and other than the concern of possibly exceeding my limits, I'm happy with it. I'll probably pony up and get the Enhanced Account. I'm going to see what the next couple of weeks bring and then go from there.

So far, so good.
LittleSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2006, 10:26 AM   #284
Enkde

Wink My Testimonial

After 1/2 year wich i was member of another eMail provider with lots of problems, few weeks ago i sign-up for a free account with FastMail.FM, wanted only to give a try to this service and i need to say that FastMail.FM is a real TREASURE now for me and it is my primary eMail address from now on - I Just LOVE it!!!

It's like i was discovered another world, a precious treasure in this virtual world and i was amazed about the eMail options and it's complexity and of course is very to use it and don't have ads!!! (wich for me "ads" represents a BIG problem and i think that im not the only person who hate ads)

Today i pay for a Memebr (One-Time) fee and i will keep to customize my FastMail account after my needs (in future i will plan to buy some additional eMail space and so on…) ) - Paying every year for a eMail service (Full or Enhanced) for me is not a sollution because i am a person who don't use a big space or something like that and from a long time i looked for a eMail who let me to design and create my own eMail system option

I chosed to buy/pay for the Member fee (One-Time) because it's like then when you buy a new car and you chose after that to tune your car and design after your request and after your needs…

Now i understand the word "professional" and FastMail.FM is a part of that word.

Thank You FastMail.FM Team for your great eMail service!

Florin (Enkde)
Romania

Last edited by Enkde : 12 Feb 2006 at 12:45 AM.
Enkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2006, 04:24 AM   #285
SyvanX

I've been a member since November of 2002, that's 2 and a half years I guess. I was on the search for a stable email provider with IMAP access.
I absolutely love the ability to give a new address to every single website by changing what is in front of the '@username.ml1.net.' Not only can I tell what site is spamming me, I can simply block the address with a single rule and no more spam.
On top of that, in the 2 1/2 years I've been a member, I'm also a habitual email checker, and I've only seen the service down for 5 minutes, and that may have been my fault.
I've since switched to using the web-interface only, to make it easier moving from computer to computer (I use anywhere from 3-5 different stations a day.)

I was a little scared when I first signed up, but Fastmail keeps improving more and more. When I was searching for an internet hard drive service to keep my school work while I move between work school and home computers, I got an email about the new WebDAV capabilities, meshing perfectly with my needs, it's kind of like they know what I'm thinking. :-)
SyvanX is offline   Reply With Quote