EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 3 Feb 2017, 03:52 AM   #1
na_mirage

Question Has the Runbox webmail theme changed?

I just logged into webmail using the current version of chrome and the font size in the email composition window was ridiculously large (Runbox Aero theme).

(Chrome zoom level was set to 100%).

I've had to switch back to the 'runbox classic default' theme, to get the font size back to something sensible.

Can you revert the theme to the way it was, or was this a cunning user test to see how many people complain or complimented?

I suspect this may be related to 2FA, as over in the 2FA thread dbowdley said;

Q - "Yes, we have just deployed the latest version of the webmail."

Last edited by na_mirage : 3 Feb 2017 at 04:01 AM.
na_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Feb 2017, 06:56 AM   #2
robastewart

Noticed that font change here, too. Although I don't find it offensive, it was surprising and is odd.
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 08:41 AM   #3
adam1991

I noticed the same thing here.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 11:55 AM   #4
DigitalOrchard

They've quietly launched their new infrastructure. I came here seeing if they announced it, but they haven't yet. Maybe they are still watching things before tooting their horns.
DigitalOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2017, 06:20 PM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Sorry about that -- we are adjusting the font size now.

The reason for this issue (and a few other wrinkles) occurring when we switched to our new web server cluster is that our entire web app is now being deployed by a brand new deployment system which lets us build and install our code base automatically via a version control system.

We have been building this deployment system behind the scenes while also developing new functionality such as 2FA, and although we have tested the new web servers thoroughly there is nothing like thousands of users clicking on everything at the same time.

We are fixing the issues as quickly as we can, and the good news is that we now have a streamlined path from development to production -- and a handful of powerful new servers running our web app.

So although it's been a bit bumpy over the past couple of days, we will iron out the remaining wrinkles -- and much greater things are to come.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 09:22 PM   #6
na_mirage

Thanks for fixing the font size.

Whilst your fixing oddments, emptying the trash folder now only gives a msgbox with the text 'Trash ?' (plus buttons).

I think the text you had included before was along the lines of 'Are you your you want to empty the trash?'

Something to upgrade the resources file with for the next build.
na_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2017, 07:53 AM   #7
adam1991

Same with emptying the Spam folder.

And hitting the Inbox link on the left pane to refresh the inbox, does so but now simply displays the time above the subject list.

Very minimalist...
Old 8 Feb 2017, 06:58 PM   #8
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thank you -- we are aware of these issues and will have them fixed shortly.

- Geir
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:32 AM   #9
robastewart

Theme Change Affecting Spam?

Since the day the webmail theme change was noticed, spam has been increasingly getting through to my inbox. It's up to a dozen or more a day. Anyone else notice this? I use the Runbox webmail almost exclusively on my home and office desktops, and Aquamail app on mobiles.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 03:24 PM   #10
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We discovered recently that Dspam tokens were being stored in the database for too long (around 6 months) after having been moved to a new server, preventing Dspam from adjusting to new types of spam -- and training.

We have resolved this issue by reinstating token purging, which keeps the Dspam database lean and flexible. A consequence of this might have been that some users experience a less effective filter for a while, until their filter has adjusted again (each user has a separate token collection unique to their account).

Thereafter Dspam should be working optimally for everyone.

- Geir
Old 10 Feb 2017, 11:38 PM   #11
robastewart

Thank you for the informative reply, Geir. Although an unusual amount of spam ingress continues, it appears to be getting better.

Best for the weekend.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 04:02 AM   #12
adam1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by robastewart View Post
Since the day the webmail theme change was noticed, spam has been increasingly getting through to my inbox. It's up to a dozen or more a day. Anyone else notice this?
I've gotten a couple of recent spams that I assume involve Word doc macro viruses, couched in emails that look like they're from legitimate law firms and the like, but with wording like "Who the **** do you think you are sending me this invoice?". But those are brand new, and I'm marking them if they make it through.

Other than that, I'm getting no fresh or increasing spam at all.