EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 26 Nov 2018, 09:34 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Gmail user name change?

I just opened a gmail acct. I mistakenly made a mistake in my user name. Will Google let me change my user name slightly like omit a letter or so ? I could delete my acct and register again but don/t want to do that. Thanks for any opinions
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Nov 2018, 10:09 AM   #2
Folio

Do you mean the account username (i.e. the part of your Gmail address before the @gmail.com) or your personal name as displayed in your Google account? If you mean the latter, you can change that up to three times every 90 days. I just changed mine from "Firstname Middlename Lastname" to "Firstname M(iddleinitial) Lastname". I don't believe you can change the account username, but I may be wrong about that.

To edit your personal name, go to your Google account settings -> personal info and privacy -> name.

Last edited by Folio : 26 Nov 2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added brief instructions
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2018, 12:43 PM   #3
rmannam

AFAIK, you can't change a username (username@gmail.com). If there's a typo in the existing one, the only option is to create a new Google account with desired username.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2018, 12:40 AM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks all responders I appreciate your help
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote