EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:23 PM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Different levels of Runbox

As a former Runbox user and a present trial user I glad to see different price selections of Runbox. This will enhance my interest in the service.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:29 PM   #2
B4its2L8
Master of the @

It's too bad, though, that they don't provide email hosting with all their plans. They exclude it in the "micro" plan. Why not allow 1 domain for micro, 2 for mini, etc. ?
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:39 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I agree with you B4itsL8. It would be great if they would.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks for the feedback -- we're very glad to hear that both former and new Runbox users appreciate the new plans!

The Micro plan doesn't currently include email hosting, as it's primarily intended for light-weight users who don't need "advanced" features like hosting. We might change that as we're still evaluating these plans, but for now you can of course add email hosting capabilities by purchasing a domain slot.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:08 PM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

It would be nice if RB would permit staying logged in for a few hours at a time. This would alow a user to return without loggin in each time.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:05 AM   #6
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I think we increased that to at least 4 hours some time ago?

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2010, 12:37 AM   #7
RunboxCustomer

I chose the Micro service as it provided plenty of storage, IMAP and works well with my BlackBerry. I think the price is reasonable and I've experienced no reliability issues with it. I don't require domain hosting, so that was a non-issue. I don't use the address for anything other than personal email, so I don't receive any spam at this point. I use another address when registering for things online and that makes a big difference when it comes to getting spam.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2010, 03:14 AM   #8
suzi

This was kept pretty quiet! The first I knew about it was when I was looking at the pricing page today and decided to check out the forum to see if anyone had mentioned it.

I like the package I'm on (I'm too used to the web hosting now I guess), but it's always good to have more options. I find it a little surprising that the Maxi option has the same web hosting space and bandwidth as the Medium package but I seem to remember it being less at one point so I'm not going to complain.

How does this pricing alter the affiliate program? I had a look but I couldn't find anything specific.
suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2010, 08:23 AM   #9
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Well, we are still paying out the whole sum the affiliate has brought in, and, as before, only for the first year. So if you bring in a micro user, you get $19.95 paid out; $49.95 for a medium, and so forth.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2010, 08:42 AM   #10
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
suzi: We're still evaluating the new plans as it's quite a big step for Runbox (having offered only one single plan since 2001), and we appreciate your feedback as we want to make sure they work for everyone.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 04:32 PM   #11
hobbes

Feedback: why do you charge for multiple domains? Fastmail and Tuffmail do not charge for multiple domains. It would be ridiculously expensive for me to use Runbox with the number of domains I use.

$4.95 for additional domains? Could you justify this, in the light of FM and Tuffmail's policy (apart form increasing your bottom line)?

Last edited by hobbes : 12 Sep 2010 at 06:26 PM.
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:32 PM   #12
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hello Hobbes,

You get 5 with the new Maxi account: http://www.runbox.com/features/

How many do you need?

Kim
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:51 AM   #13
hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
Hello Hobbes,

You get 5 with the new Maxi account: http://www.runbox.com/features/

How many do you need?

Kim
More than 5. And, $80 for 5 domains?!

But, why charge for more domains anyway? What extra costs do you have that justifies the $5 extra?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 01:12 AM   #14
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You also get more storage space and bandwith. How many domains do you need? 500?

Kim
Old 14 Sep 2010, 01:19 AM   #15
hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
You also get more storage space and bandwith. How many domains do you need? 500?

Kim
I've got 8 domains. Really only 4 "names", but with both .com and .org suffixes for each.

I really don't need 15GB of storage, nor 10GB bandwidth. That's not my requirement.

It's a pity, because I prefer Runbox's interface over Fastmail's, which appears half-baked in my opinion.

So, once again, why charge for more domains? What extra costs do you have that justifies the $5 extra per domain?