EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Dec 2019, 03:28 AM   #46
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoore View Post
Please elaborate on what you disliked with Polaris. I'm using a legacy Fastmail plan and thought a basic account with PolarisMail might be a good alternative if Fastmail no longer meets my needs.
Hi emoore.

I evaluated PM in 2012 and could only find one of the threads I started back then: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=64713

In addition to the rudimentary filtering capability, there are few (I can't remember exactly, perhaps none) multi domain mail capability using just one account.

I have mail for many domains and sub-domains hosted with FM, which most other providers can't handle with one account or would charge extra for.

In addition, I could be wrong, but I remember PM as being a one or two person show.

Finally, PM was (and probably still is) a Canadian company out of Toronto or thereabouts. It is my understanding that the NSA filters all international Internet traffic.

Although, like most members of this Forum, I have nothing to hide, I take exception to Big Brother's spying on my communications.

Having said all of the above, I suppose that if all you require is basic E-Mail service with one or two aliases, little filtering and no domain mail, you should be O.K. with PM.

Good luck whatever you decide.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2019, 11:48 AM   #47
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
Hello.

(I'm sure that it's been said before, probably on this thread as well.)

It is what it is. Get over it.
Perhaps people use reverse psychology....you ask for something to be changed knowing full well they wont ever change it, that way you get to keep the features which are important to you.

Last edited by Terry : 28 Dec 2019 at 05:53 AM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2019, 09:07 PM   #48
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Perhaps people use reverse physiology.... . . . .
Hi, Terry.

I've never heard of "reverse physiology."

Did you, perhaps, mean "reverse psychology"?

Happy New Year either way.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2019, 05:48 AM   #49
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yea either...

Happy New Year.

Last edited by Terry : 28 Dec 2019 at 05:54 AM.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 07:41 AM   #50
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post

I still have two Runbox accounts that I would use exclusively, if and when, RB is ready for prime time. Not too hopeful that it ever will be.
If they're not ready after all these years, I'd say probably not. I remember trying them out almost a decade and a half ago.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2019, 05:09 PM   #51
aoeuaoeu

"When do you want the change to take effect?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Instead, click the Change Plan Length button, and renew through that for 3 years at $100.
Hey there. Question. When I click 'change plan length' button I see one question ["When do you want the change to take effect?"] and I see two choices: (a) When my plan next renews [Jul 2021]; and (b) Now. In order to secure the Y2019 pricepoint must I select the 'Now' option? Or is it okay for me to select the 'when my plan next renews [Jul 2021]' choice?

Thanks in advance!
aoeuaoeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2019, 08:29 PM   #52
hbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeuaoeu View Post
... I see two choices: (a) When my plan next renews [Jul 2021]; and (b) Now. In order to secure the Y2019 pricepoint must I select the 'Now' option? Or is it okay for me to select the 'when my plan next renews [Jul 2021]' choice?
Option: Now
hbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2019, 12:28 AM   #53
aoeuaoeu

Thank you!
aoeuaoeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2019, 12:22 AM   #54
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
Perhaps people use reverse psychology....you ask for something to be changed knowing full well they wont ever change it, that way you get to keep the features which are important to you.
Yes but you might get very unlucky Terry and they just might do it
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2019, 09:41 AM   #55
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbs View Post
Option: Now
Its confusing as NOW states
We’ll start a new subscription for the full length of your new plan and credit you for any unused time on your previous plan.
So will you just get 3 years instead of 5

On my wife's plan the $110 is just in her account pool so is this money taken out when he current plan expires in 2 years time so will it just sit there doing nothing for 2 years or do fastmail add it to her account to make it 5 years.

Last edited by Terry : 31 Dec 2019 at 09:55 AM.