EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:33 PM   #16
Jordi

Just relax ....

everything will be okay shortly, I know for sure that Runbox people there in Norway are doing the best they can to fix the upgrade maintenance.

Plus, at least they adviced that runbox will be down for a while, they put an announcenmnt here on the forum and also at the main website runbox.com.

These things happen everywhere in the world and with everything: phone companies, internet servers, electrical failures, gas maintenance ... just everything and I am sure you guys don't go and complain to everyone ... sooo please relax and before you know the problem will be all fixed up.

Thanks, enjoy yourselves !!!!
Regards,

Jordi
Jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:34 PM   #17
voxson

By the way, what condition will we find our mailboxes once we log in again?

Mail delivered already?

Or will the mail be queued all this time and we will have to wait for delivery?
voxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:41 PM   #18
puzzler

MX records changed

Next time I do hope they MAIL THE SCHEDULE around, because I use this service as an email provider and have no interest to come to their homepage daily to read about their work status neither do I want to look in their forum... I just want email services and notifications via mail, 2 weeks upfront, when they do scheduled maintenance!

Lesson learnt, MX records updated... and guess what: i will be back at runbox, once they are, too

Ralf
puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:42 PM   #19
artN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
everything will be okay shortly, I know for sure that Runbox people there in Norway are doing the best they can to fix the upgrade maintenance.

Plus, at least they adviced that runbox will be down for a while, they put an announcenmnt here on the forum and also at the main website runbox.com.

These things happen everywhere in the world and with everything: phone companies, internet servers, electrical failures, gas maintenance ... just everything and I am sure you guys don't go and complain to everyone ... sooo please relax and before you know the problem will be all fixed up.

Thanks, enjoy yourselves !!!!
Regards,

Jordi
I am sure they do maximum at this moment. Little problem is to say it is a question of few minutes and it is few hours (I hope not worse). Than, you are right it can happen everywhere, but sorry I do not have electricity, gas, internet, cable TV down at least once each month. Do you ?
artN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:45 PM   #20
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We're back up and running normally now. Our sincere apologies for the prolonged downtime.

We will need some more downtime to complete the upgrade, but we will wait until next week and get back to you when we know exactly when.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:50 PM   #21
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzler View Post
Next time I do hope they MAIL THE SCHEDULE around
We did, but only to the Runbox mailing list (http://lists.runbox.no/mailman/listinfo/runbox).

We post notices about scheduled downtime as early as possible, but with supposedly minor upgrades such as this one it is sometimes difficult to plan more than a few days ahead -- especially since there are 2-3 parties involved (Runbox, our system administrators at Linpro, and our hosting provider Ventelo).

- Geir
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:53 PM   #22
greendog

damn!
i received lots of mail dupes with TB2.0/pop3 !
it is a mess! damn!
greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:55 PM   #23
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxson View Post
By the way, what condition will we find our mailboxes once we log in again?

Mail delivered already?

Or will the mail be queued all this time and we will have to wait for delivery?
Email that has arrived while the service was inaccessible has been queued on our servers for immediate delivery once the service was operational again -- which it is now.

The accumulated email is being delivered very quickly and the queue should be processed within minutes.

- Geir
Old 8 Jun 2007, 08:01 PM   #24
Jordi

Yes I do ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artN View Post
I am sure they do maximum at this moment. Little problem is to say it is a question of few minutes and it is few hours (I hope not worse). Than, you are right it can happen everywhere, but sorry I do not have electricity, gas, internet, cable TV down at least once each month. Do you ?
and I live right in the center of Barcelona ... every so often we have maintenance problems ... everywhere and the worse is when the streets in the city are on works with lot of noise and dust everywhere, that is a real problem I think

Catch you later, regards.
Jordi
Old 8 Jun 2007, 08:02 PM   #25
Jordi

Geir, working great again !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
Email that has arrived while the service was inaccessible has been queued on our servers for immediate delivery once the service was operational again -- which it is now.

The accumulated email is being delivered very quickly and the queue should be processed within minutes.

- Geir
THANK YOU Geir, one in a million you are !!!
Catch you later,

Jordi
Old 8 Jun 2007, 08:26 PM   #26
pitsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
and I live right in the center of Barcelona ... every so often we have maintenance problems ... everywhere and the worse is when the streets in the city are on works with lot of noise and dust everywhere, that is a real problem I think

Catch you later, regards.
Jordi
Well, I live in the center of Barcelona too, which is precisely why I went with an email provider as far north as possible... Scheduled maintenance in this city means the sidewalk collapses and the gas mains catches fire (this actually happened last tuesday). While it's true that that puts things in perspective, I heartily recommend Runbox stick with a less mediterranean way of doing things
pitsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 08:32 PM   #27
puzzler

okidokey

switching MX records back, calming down, zipping coffee

... and subscribing to the mailing list ...

thx
ralf
puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 09:10 PM   #28
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks for your advice and your support... We don't take siestas here, although we might have to start doing that soon if this heat wave continues much longer...

By the way, the accumulated queue was completely processed around half an hour ago.

- Geir
Old 10 Jun 2007, 11:08 PM   #29
greendog

Could you keep site up at least for two months ??
greendog is offline   Reply With Quote