EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 22 May 2017, 07:04 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Privacy email from Netherlands

https://soverin.net/

Soverin is an independent private company based in Amsterdam, run by a team of internet enthusiasts who want to create great products that are safe, beautiful and easy to use. We’re passionate about changing the status quo and actively want to raise awareness about digital privacy.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 May 2017, 08:56 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
https://soverin.net/

Soverin is an independent private company based in Amsterdam, run by a team of internet enthusiasts who want to create great products that are safe, beautiful and easy to use. We’re passionate about changing the status quo and actively want to raise awareness about digital privacy.
Hmm, can't find what so special about this service is in comparison with others.

Last edited by Berenburger : 22 May 2017 at 10:50 PM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
39 € per year.

That said, that includes your own domain. But I think if you register with the average registrar (eg Gandi.net) you can have a mailbox with own domain for less money?

Positive is that they rely on green energy (but they're not the only ones to do so, Posteo for example does as well if I'm remembering correctly) and for me the Dutch language (my mothertongue) support would be a bonus.

I do feel though that there's cheaper options that offer the same package in terms of privacy and own domain...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2019, 05:49 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Hmm, can't find what so special about this service is in comparison with others.
Changing first opinion. I'll find out.
Old 15 Mar 2019, 07:53 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Looks interesting. I like the idea of a consumer-friendly provider of domain email that keeps things nice and simple, without all the bells and whistles that many providers lard on. After a quick perusal of the site it is not clear to me that the cost of a domain is included in the pricing, and there is a support page explaining how to buy your domain name. Pricing is currently listed as 3.25 Euros per month, which is about $3.68. 25GB inbox. Caldav and Cardav. "Public webpage." Of course, the most important thing is security, followed by spam filtering, and then performance, and those are hard to determine from a website!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2019, 09:37 PM   #6
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Looks interesting. I like the idea of a consumer-friendly provider of domain email that keeps things nice and simple, without all the bells and whistles that many providers lard on. After a quick perusal of the site it is not clear to me that the cost of a domain is included in the pricing, and there is a support page explaining how to buy your domain name. Pricing is currently listed as 3.25 Euros per month, which is about $3.68. 25GB inbox. Caldav and Cardav. "Public webpage." Of course, the most important thing is security, followed by spam filtering, and then performance, and those are hard to determine from a website!
€ 39,= /year is only if you have no domain name of your own and wants to buy one via Soverin.
If you already own a domain name or if you want to use yournameATsoverin.net you pay € 29,= /year. Thus, if you already have (a) domain(s) it is included in the € 29,= and you can connect it afterwards to your Soverin account.
An extra 25 GB cost € 23,= /year.
https://support.soverin.net/hc/en-us...Euro-per-year-
Unfortunately, you can't control spam by yourself. I hope this improves in the future. https://support.soverin.net/hc/en-us...what-can-I-do-
However Soverin supports custom sieve filters. At the moment they are working on 2FA.

Last edited by Berenburger : 15 Mar 2019 at 09:48 PM. Reason: additions
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:55 AM   #7
LinuxArie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Unfortunately, you can't control spam by yourself.
The same as Posteo.de that's why I'm using Mailbox.org
Besides that Posteo and Mailbox have better price tags then Soverin
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2019, 05:59 PM   #8
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

Emails forwarded from my soverin account to gmail shows in gmail that they were sent by soverin without encryption in transit. Gmail marks them with a red unlocked sign.

Last edited by alexu2007 : 23 Mar 2019 at 06:21 PM.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote