EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Feb 2022, 08:06 AM   #1
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

Protonmail increase the free storage space

Protonmail is now giving it's users the opportunity to upgrade their maximum storage from the typical 500 MB to 1 GB, all without paying a single cent.

The only thing they need to do is to just complete a series of tasks, with the 1 GB upgrade to be enabled automatically.

A friend of mine just created an account today. He just followed the steps, importing contacts, sending an email, installing the app and setting a recovery method and he was upgraded instantly. However, you have only 30 days since you create the free account to complete these steps.

For an old free account of mine I received an invitation to upgrade the storage space by completting these steps. However, that was an old account and I was not checking it so often so I missed the 30 days deadline and I didn't qualified for upgrade.

More details here: https://protonmail.com/support/knowl...-started-mail/
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Feb 2022, 04:33 AM   #2
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Does Protonmail allow to have more than 1 free account?

I really like them, would love another account, however I feel like I'd be taking advantage of their services. And while I know rich multinationals like Google (Gmail) or Microsoft (Hotmail/Outlook) don't mind you having several free accounts, Protonmail is a different story.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2022, 08:41 AM   #3
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

It seems that they allow you to have multiple free accounts: https://protonmail.com/support/knowl...-verification/
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2022, 10:03 AM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

I really like them, would love another account, however I feel like I'd be taking advantage of their services. And while I know rich multinationals like Google (Gmail) or Microsoft (Hotmail/Outlook) don't mind you having several free accounts, Protonmail is a different story.
posteo.net is also good in your location.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2022, 08:16 PM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
It seems that they allow you to have multiple free accounts: https://protonmail.com/support/knowl...-verification/
That would be awesome, as I really like Protonmail. I would however not want to violate their ToS about number of accounts. Both for the sake of not risking to have an account closed down, and for the sake of respecting them as a provider (as they do a great job indeed!)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2023, 02:46 PM   #6
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
He just followed the steps, importing contacts, sending an email, installing the app and setting a recovery method and he was upgraded instantly. However, you have only 30 days since you create the free account to complete these steps.
I do not have an account with Protonmail, they do not support POP3.

The importing contacts would stop me on taking this offer. My phone contacts and email contacts are not the same.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2023, 12:33 PM   #7
emebrs
Essential Contributor

And one must have a phone to install the app, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisretusn View Post
The importing contacts would stop me on taking this offer. My phone contacts and email contacts are not the same.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2023, 04:35 PM   #8
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
And one must have a phone to install the app, right?
Well of course.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2023, 01:27 AM   #9
Foxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I hate to necro this year-old topic, but I feel like it's important to make a correction here:

ProtonMail does NOT allow multiple free accounts!

https://proton.me/legal/terms
Quote:
2. Authorized use of the Services
You agree not to use your Account or the Services for any illegal or prohibited activities. Unauthorized activities include, but are not limited to:

7. Having multiple free Accounts (e.g. creating bulk signups, creating and/or operating a large number of free Accounts for a single organization or individual);

Back in the day, they were pretty lax about this rule, but it seems that there has been a very clear shift in things recently, and they are now enforcing the 1-account rule strictly.

That being said, you are free to have multiple paid accounts.
But if you're paying, you will already have access to multiple aliases, so I don't see why that would be an issue.
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote