EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Nov 2003, 03:58 AM   #1
reuben
Essential Contributor

please help me with mozilla

hello
i've been reading through forum messages, but i'm not finding anything useful. i carefully followed the steps in the FAQ help for setting up mozilla, but i can't get mozilla to check the inbox of my fastmail account for messages. I've tried everything, but i can't get it to work. then when i log in using the web interface the messages are there.

it checks the inbox of the other imap account i have just fine. i'm so frustrated and irritated because i can't figure this out. please help.
reuben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Nov 2003, 04:09 AM   #2
reuben
Essential Contributor

more helpful information is that i'm on mozilla 1.2.1 for mac. os 9.2

and that if i completely exit mozilla and then restart, the messages are there, i just can't get it to check for new ones!

even with the get messages button.

i understand lots of stuff about email but nothing about mozilla, i'm just having to use mozilla at work, so i wanted to have it all under one client.

thanks
Old 1 Nov 2003, 04:39 AM   #3
BinaryTB
Essential Contributor

Try Mozilla 1.5, same problem?

Is your IMAP Server directory for Fastmail set to "INBOX." (without quotes and with the ending period)?
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2003, 06:27 AM   #4
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooon69
Try Mozilla 1.5, same problem?

Is your IMAP Server directory for Fastmail set to "INBOX." (without quotes and with the ending period)?
Yup, and to get there go Edit - Mail & News Prefs - [your fm account] - server settings - Advanced.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2003, 02:35 AM   #5
reuben
Essential Contributor

re: mozilla 1.5 - to the best of my knowledge: moz 1.2.1 is the last version they released for OS 9 - i found that info here - http://www.mozilla.org/releases/old-....1-1.4rc3.html

is there a 1.5 for os9? i'd love to have it if so.... can you post link if you have one?

as for the other.... i deleted and re-added the mailbox. before when i was having the problems it appeared as a folder icon next to Inbox, but now it appears as the little mail envelopes icon nex to Inbox.

i guess this is a good thing because now i can get new messages! thanks for the help - i don't remember what was there before, but i think where i should have had INBOX. i had "INBOX."

i guess the quotes were messing me up!

the problem now is that the mail queues seem to be backed up - the only way i could get messages through to my account was to send them to my FM account from my FM account. and i know it's not my location on the internet, because i successfully got msgs through to other accounts from where i am. as of the time i wrote this message, the emails have been waiting 10 and 17 minutes respectively. the queues seem to get backed up a lot recently at noon or 12:30 EST. I'm getting kind of tired of it. i've tried to send messages to my FM account using FM smtp server and my ISP's (which is working right now). no love.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 03:40 AM   #6
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

I believe that the 1.5 release for OS X (available at www.mozilla.org) is also compatible with OS 9.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2003, 03:48 AM   #7
BinaryTB
Essential Contributor

Found this, it might be of interest to you:

-------------------------------------
You can get official Mozilla 1.2.x for Mac OS 9 from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla

This was the last official Mozilla release for the Classic Mac OS, and there will never be any newer versions for OS 9.

There is an unofficial release based on 1.3.1 available, though. To get this release, go to http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~harunaga/mozilla-macos9/

The other choice is to get Wamcom, a slightly modified Mozilla 1.3:
http://wamcom.org
-------------------------------------

I believe the Unofficial 1.3.1 is considered the best Mozilla for OS9 right now.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote