EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 28 Sep 2004, 01:01 AM   #1
teacher
Master of the @

Spoof Email from Ebay!

Just to let you all know that this morning I was almost fooled by a spoof email claiming to be from Ebay. I was almost fooled because at the moment my Ebay account is active. The email claimed that someone was making false bids and not paying. So like a idiot, I clicked on the link and typed in my Ebay ID and password. As I typed in my information I realised my mistake, especially when I saw that credit card details were required! I alerted Ebay, changed all of my Ebay setting and called my credit card company and changed my credit card account.

I still feel like a fool this afternoon, but it really does go to prove how easy it is to make these types of mistakes!

I actually now wondering how safe is safe for on-line banking!!
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Sep 2004, 01:52 AM   #2
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Glad you did hit the send button. Online banking is safe, as long as you don't get fooled by the phishing emails. There has been one going around for Citicorps. And the usual ones for Ebay and PayPal.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2004, 01:57 AM   #3
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Everytime after I do any online banking or anything involving a credit card I clear my browser cache completely: all cookies, offline content, and history of vistied websites (which I keep set at 0 days anyway!)

I figure it is better to be safe then sorry!!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote