EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Nov 2012, 01:19 PM   #1
stuart

Delete email in view mode then move to open next message

After more than 10 years with Fastmail, I now find myself more than a little disgruntled. Like an uninvited guest that butts in on your conversation, I tried to be tolerant and deal with the new UI by giving it some time. Some things I came to like, for example the increased speed and the auto-refreshing of messages. But for every bit of goodness I find, I seem to find something else that is missing.

The feature I want to bring up here is the ability to delete emails while they're open for reading and then proceed to the next email in the folder. This was possible in the old UI. Unless I'm missing something, it appears the only way to accomplish this now is to open an email, delete it, get returned to the folder view, then open the next email. Far too many clicks, especially when you have a long list of emails to process.

Perhaps the new conversation view of emails means this functionality is no longer possible, but if we can have it back, I for one would be very grateful.
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Nov 2012, 04:38 PM   #2
aynrandgirl

Lightbulb

If you're being popped up to the folder view, your system is misconfigured. Go to Settings -> Preferences -> Reading -> Navigation. The popup selection should be "Next Conversation" not "Mailbox".
aynrandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2012, 12:08 AM   #3
stuart

Thanks for pointing that out aynrandgirl. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the flexibility I enjoyed before. Sometimes I want to delete and be returned to the mailbox view, and at other times I have a list of emails that need processing, some of which need to be kept and some of which need to be deleted. I realise it clutters up the user interface and that it may be confusing for new users, but I'd really like to have those old buttons back.
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2012, 05:41 AM   #4
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

If you grow accustomed to the keyboard shortcuts, I find that you can navigate pretty quickly.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote