EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 May 2024, 06:26 PM   #1
JustTrying

Question Countermail vs Riseup

First of all I know that my account has just been created but that's because I never needed to post before, so I hope that does not give myself bad impression from the start . I am currently switching my email provider because I want to use a custom domain but Posteo does not allow so. I have a very strong focus on privacy and security and I ended up between the two aforementioned services, and I'm a bit stuck. I know that both require invites, and I already got an invite for Countermail, but I don't have one for Riseup so if someone would be nice enough to send me one I'd be very thankful . So could someone explain to me the main difference between the two, or provide some other options? Proton mail is not a fit for me.
JustTrying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 May 2024, 10:36 PM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

What aspect of Proton's services doesn't work fo you, and why?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 11:04 PM   #3
tdf

I am also very interested in the two services mentioned by OP and if anyone can help me, I would be very grateful. Proton has bad records of providing users' data to the courts,There is no problem with daily use, but it is better not to use it for sensitive messages.
tdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2024, 06:46 AM   #4
JustTrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
What aspect of Proton's services doesn't work fo you, and why?
As tdf mentioned Proton mail has a track record of giving out data of its users and that whole thing with Proton Bridge is weird IMO, I can't even encrypt my mail without giving them the private key.
JustTrying is offline   Reply With Quote