EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:29 AM   #1
mtnchild

Need new free email program (client)

My computer died a while back ... new computer (rebuilt-big mistake) I've upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was using Outlook Express for my email and now it isn't available anymore. My email is through charter.net and I want to keep that extension. Does anyone know of a free service that does what Outlook Express did? I do NOT want to change to yahoo.com or anything else - Please does anyone have a few suggestions?
mtnchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:33 AM   #2
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnchild View Post
My computer died a while back ... new computer (rebuilt-big mistake) I've upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was using Outlook Express for my email and now it isn't available anymore. My email is through charter.net and I want to keep that extension. Does anyone know of a free service that does what Outlook Express did? I do NOT want to change to yahoo.com or anything else - Please does anyone have a few suggestions?
Good news is what you need is software, not a service. Your service is charter.net. The replacement for Outlook Express is Windows Live Mail.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=overviewother
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM   #3
mtnchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Good news is what you need is software, not a service. Your service is charter.net. The replacement for Outlook Express is Windows Live Mail.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=overviewother
I'm in the process of downloading essentials and will see how it works for me. Thank you.
mtnchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2014, 01:55 PM   #4
CyberSmurf

moderator: changed thread title from "provider" to "program (client)"
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM   #5
ReuvenNY

I would recommend Thunderbird or FossaMail (from Pale Moon). I used them for years now and have no problems with any email service.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote