EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Feb 2021, 08:42 AM   #1
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Is FM slowing down?

I can't figure it out yet, but according to my feeling the Fastmail app (IOS v14.4) is slower than before. Do you have the same experience?
I now see regularly the "loading" animation when I switch functions.
it's not so much the email, it's more the interface.
BTW, my internet speed is good.

Last edited by Berenburger : 27 Feb 2021 at 08:47 AM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Feb 2021, 04:59 PM   #2
gj15

I’ve been suspicious for a while of Safari, on both an iPad and iMac. First load time for webmail on the iMac Safari feels to be increasing and I occasionally get the “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded” message. I believe the iOS app uses Safari in the background.

Other browsers seem to be trouble free and responsive, I’m increasingly liking Brave.
gj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:18 PM   #3
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

I'm not sure if the frequency is increasing, but I often have slow loads using the FM app on iOS. Sometimes it's just a minor slowdown, but occasionally the app just seems to get permanently stuck on the loading animation. At those times, I do one of two things. I either close the app and reopen it, at which point it usually loads just fine. Or I open the iOS Mail app instead, which always seems to open, load, and display all of my mail instantaneously. The problem is common enough that I have considered simply switching back to iOS Mail for good, although I'm reluctant to give up some of the other features of the FM app, such as the calendar, access to settings, and so forth.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2021, 04:17 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

Not noticing any slowness using the Android app or the web client in Chrome mostly. Generally, very fast. I often have both the app open and web client on a nearby computer and the app tends to be a tiny bit faster. I'll hear a tone that a new email has arrived on the phone but it won't show up in the web client until a moment later.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote