EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 1 Mar 2012, 12:33 PM   #1
cahero

vfemail down?

This is the dot net vfemail. The webmail has been problematic than usual lately, but now no access to their webpage.
Anyone else using the service and having an outage? I'm a paid user ( an inexpensive yearly plan ) but not looking good right now. I'm guessing it's been offline for at least a couple hours but not sure. I ONLY use webmail so this ain't good.
Anybody?
cahero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Mar 2012, 02:31 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahero View Post
This is the dot net vfemail. The webmail has been problematic than usual lately, but now no access to their webpage.
Anyone else using the service and having an outage? I'm a paid user ( an inexpensive yearly plan ) but not looking good right now. I'm guessing it's been offline for at least a couple hours but not sure. I ONLY use webmail so this ain't good.
Anybody?
I have not used vfemail for years...... but their website (for me) appears to be down - ie: not accessible.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2012, 06:29 PM   #3
aerostar

In UK and also cannot access vfemail.
aerostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2012, 08:15 PM   #4
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

I am also a paid subscriber. The service has had a good track record for reliability, but webmail is indeed down at the moment. I hope Rick Romero is OK and will fix it soon. That is one of the hazards of a basically one-man shop, but there are different hazards with the big services, so it's all a question of weighing the pros and the cons.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2012, 10:00 PM   #5
music4praise

It is back up now.
music4praise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2012, 04:18 AM   #6
cahero

Down again. I primarily use webmail but POP is also down AFAIK. I have an inexpensive yearly plan, and webmail has been useable normally, but problematic to put it nicely.
I'm gonna reluctantly gonna have to move away from this service unless some explanation and promise of improvement is forthcoming. I've posted a couple times in the "forum" a couple times (the forum is also unreachable when webmail goes down) and none of my posts were "approved" in spite of being nothing more than asking why webmail was "glitchy" with server timeouts, etc.

Edit...now I believe the POP is working, but since I use Webmail incombination with POP it still isn't gonna fly....the Webmail is still down.

Last edited by cahero : 7 Apr 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 08:24 AM   #7
cahero

OK, the website and webmail are now accessible....that is all folks.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 03:13 AM   #8
cahero

From their homepage last night 6/17.....

"ALERT!!!! Due to unforseen circumstances users will not be able to retrieve any mail for the next 24 hours.
Incoming mail will be queued for delivery. Bulk mail senders can still relay.
We apologize for any inconvienance this may cause."

.......IMHO should have mentioned in their message when the "24 hours" period started?
I've had an inexpensive yearly subscription to this service for quite a while
Hopefully this issue will resolve soon....but as of the time I write this (2 pm New York 6/18) their homepage isn't available and IMAP isn't working either)

I'm sure it will come back up but the question is when? I get the impression that I'm one of the few EMD users that use vfemail as one of their primary providers.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 03:43 AM   #9
leiaw

Thank you for heads up, cahero!

I do too use vfemail quite a bit. This forum is awesome. Whenever I cannot access my email, someone already knows what is going on. It is so helpful! Thank you so much for heads up. I don't mind waiting for the email to come back up, if there is an advance notice. Problem is I fetch vfemail via mail client, so I don't see notifications posted on the vfemail front page. I wish advance notices about website maintenance would be send to us via email. I think it is time to switch away from vfemail. I just need something more robust, something that doesn't take 24 hours + to bring back online.
leiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2012, 05:45 AM   #10
communicant

Still down for me, too. I am a paid subscriber to vfemail and although I do not make heavy use of it, I like knowing it is there when I need it, so this is not good news.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 06:16 AM   #11
davy51
Master of the @

Looks like its down for paid as well as free subscribers

No web mail or pop/imap
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:17 AM   #12
communicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy51 View Post
Looks like its down for paid as well as free subscribers

No web mail or pop/imap
Your comment puzzled me. If a service is down, it's down for everyone. I don't think I've ever heard of a provider being down for free subscribers only (assuming such a thing would even be technically feasible!)
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:06 AM   #13
cahero

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
Your comment puzzled me. If a service is down, it's down for everyone. I don't think I've ever heard of a provider being down for free subscribers only (assuming such a thing would even be technically feasible!)
Ditto for me...although Davy and I had a little disagreement on the reliability of this service recently....

No hard feelings Davy...
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:21 AM   #14
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
Paid subscribers are not on the same server as free subscribers

the free server can be down while paid is up and running
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:22 AM   #15
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahero View Post
Ditto for me...although Davy and I had a little disagreement on the reliability of this service recently....

No hard feelings Davy...

We had a discussion not a disagreement

And none taken lol