EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

View Poll Results: How many blogs do you have?
0-2 16 72.73%
3-5 5 22.73%
5-7 1 4.55%
8+ 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Jan 2024, 02:49 PM   #16
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Three, I don't use them.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2024, 07:23 PM   #17
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Right now I have none. for 20 years or more I thought about having one, but since there's a choice to be made on where and how to do it, I never got to do it. I do have some abandoned blogs that I tried and haven't kept. I had one blog about 15 years ago where I wrote anonymously about local spam. After the spam clause in Israel's communication privacy law went into effect most of the local spam I was receiving disappeared within a couple of days, and since then I get very little spam, and I stopped writing about it (of course people are still complaining about all the spam they get, but since I use mostly disposable addresses for anything that is not work or family or close friends I know that almost all of this is actually the side effect of agreeing to addresses being shared with advertisers). So I lost interest with that one, and had almost nothing to add to it, and eventually the platform was closed and it's gone.
There's a good reason to have separate blogs when they are dedicated to particular topics or a particular audience.
If Fastmail had some built in blogging capability in the file storage that can be migrated to other platforms I would probably have used it, (and never migrate elsewhere).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2024, 01:36 PM   #18
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

I have a Wordpress account, mostly to interface with blogs I follow. I also have a Substack account, I just use that to follow interesting blogs or stacks as they are called. I really like Substack. If I ever decide to start, that is probably were I will start. The is a Linux forum I belong to that allows members to create blog post.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2024, 11:23 PM   #19
Bamb0
Master of the @

I like that alot of blogs DO NOT BLOCK HTTP which is nice!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2024, 05:06 AM   #20
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I have two websites of which one has a blog part, but I would say it's a site rather than a blog as the number of blog posts is very limited.

I also have a real blog which however needs an update very soon as the last post is from several years ago. I however still get a lot of visits.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2024, 05:54 AM   #21
TenFour
Master of the @

Currently only 1, but I have maintained 2 or 3 at times. I blog semi-professionally on a topic I am expert on and I also write professionally in that space, but sadly many publications in the field no longer exist and others pay less than I got paid almost 40 years ago. It really isn't worth it to write for a living now unless you manage to do so for a very elite publication or website. I do it mainly because I enjoy writing and the topics I write on.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2024, 12:43 AM   #22
thomasmuller

wow
this topic makes me look back to 20 years ago, when I was a young guy
I had Yahoo blog, and it was a sweet memory
now I have my own website Backlink service provider, but I can't forget the memories of my youngest years

Last edited by thomasmuller : 23 Apr 2024 at 01:32 AM.
thomasmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2024, 02:17 AM   #23
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

I find blogs a lot more user-friendly (for a rookie like me) than a website. No programming skills or webbuilding skills needed when you use a platform like Wordpress.com or Blogspot.com. The downsides there is that you cannot make a download of your blog (you can with wordpress.com but you cannot install that backup anywhere, so should anything go wrong with your blog you are basically left with a quite useless backup only) and the limited storage space if you want a blog with many pictures. The downside of an own website is that it requires webbuilding skills, and I don't have many such skills. I'd opt for a blog probably if there were more storage space and useful backups.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 06:06 AM   #24
zubairkhan

blog name

Hello guys, I have just started my blog, Blog name: https://www.buzzlerz.com/ Whats your opinion about my blog name?
zubairkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 12:18 PM   #25
dryoldlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubairkhan View Post
Hello guys, I have just started my blog, Blog name: https://www.buzzlerz.com/ Whats your opinion about my blog name?
Good, but not yet enough topics. Your blog could improve according to regularly added topics.
dryoldlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2024, 03:49 AM   #26
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Does anyone know if Blogger/Blogspot allows to make back-ups of a blog hosted by them? And how many MB or GB you can upload in a Blogspot blog?