EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 6 Mar 2023, 12:40 PM   #1
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Fastmail iOS and iPadOS v4.0.3 released

These showed up in the iOS and iPadOS app store for me today. The only description given is "Improved keyboard behavior". Does anyone know what was fixed or added? I haven't noticed any changes yet, and I don't notice any help updates (unless they are some minor rarely used keyboard shortcut). And nothing on the Fastmail blog so far.

The current latest versions of the Fastmail app I see are:
  • iOS on iPhone: v4.0.3
  • iPadOS on iPad: v4.0.3
  • Android: v4.0.4 (released 10 Jan 2023)
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Mar 2023, 06:49 PM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I don't do auto-update of my iPhone apps. That way I can see which apps are being updated and why before I download them. But for some unexplained reason I didn't even know the FM app was updated since FM is never listed as a new app to update in the App Store app. If I search for the FM app to get to it's description and download there it shows an update button.

The iPhone app's "What's New" section says just "Improved keyboard behavior" for version 4.0.3. OK, don't know if it's even worth updating. So I think I'll wait it out to see if it ever appears in the App Store apps that were updated section.

I don't know if this is a FM bug or not. I suspect and FM bug but it's not worth a ticket since FM always places tickets on the app on the "back burner" - at least the ones I submit. Example, I cannot send a PDF displayed in Safari to the FM app using the share/transfer button (little box with up arrow through it). FM is not listed as a choice. Other email apps are. Ticketed that a long time ago and FM acknowledged it but never fixed it. Always claim there's are more important stuff to work on.

...sorry, just venting!
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote