EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 21 Feb 2022, 11:37 AM   #1
ellentk
Essential Contributor

"Be careful with this message"

The POP and smtp servers on my ios mail account are owned by different ISPs. I subscribe to both. I use a different smtp server because the smtp owned by the POP ISP can be slow and unreliable.

Lately, gmail has been attaching an orange warning tag on mail I send to only one recipient. It begins "Be careful with this message."

The recipient isn't tech savvy and can't find a way to stop these tags. She said she saw a trusted sender box once, didn't check it, and never saw it again.

I know there are ways to authenticate myself if I was sending from a domain I owned, but I'm just using an smtp server that isn't owned by my POP server's ISP.

I've read messages on gmail help sites about this problem and haven't found a solution anyone said worked.

Is there anything either of us can do?

Thanks.

Last edited by ellentk : 21 Feb 2022 at 11:45 AM.
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Feb 2022, 07:37 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Unless you can add the correct spf record to the DNS for the domain you're sending from your email is going to be flagged and possibly blocked by a lot of email services. Personally, with today's tighter and tighter email filtering that goes on with most email receivers I would suggest you are asking for problems unless you use the original email service's (the one you are actually sending from) SMTP.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2022, 09:15 AM   #3
ellentk
Essential Contributor

Thanks for your response. I figured as much but thought I'd check.

Ellen
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote