EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 2 Apr 2015, 08:31 AM   #1
CarolineKos

Exclamation Gmail Gone Wild!!!

Who is ready for a question that even the Gmail Tech Support could not help me with?!?!

We have 4 gmail accounts.
Email A (my personal email)
Email B (Tyler's personal email)
Email C (our YouTube channels email)
Email D (my old college email)

B and C have somewhat similar names but aren't the same spellings.

Emails being sent from email A, received by recipient from email A, they hit REPLY and it says its going back to email A, but then it goes to email C. Happens all four accounts and always changes which inbox it wants to go in (so it's never the same patterns, like A doesn't only send to C, it also goes to B)

It happens when I email someone for the first time ever, as well as people we have been emailing for years.
I use an iMac, MacBook, iPhone, Android, and Microsoft computer. Happens on ALL devices. Mostly through Apple Mail App, but even this morning using Gmail on Chrome it still happened.

I have triple checked the forwarding, nothing is being forwarded to anywhere.

I have changed all of our passwords, I have tried using it in Safari, Chrome, The Mail App, the Gmail App, and it happens on all accounts on all computers and phones. Started on my iPhone about a month ago.

Now, It's not like my boyfriend is suddenly getting my Victorias Secret spam emails that were intended for my email, those still go to the right place. But when I emailed Pam for the first time this morning from email A and she responds to email A, and reads me back the email that is in her reply to address bar as email A, yet it goes to email B, I am just extremely confused and sick of checking Tyler's email for MY email's.

Please call me if you need more clarification. Just returned from the Apple store and they said its not my computer, laptop, or phone. Then I waited on the phone for ONE HOUR on hold with gmail and the lady couldn't help me.

What on earth can I do!?!?!?!?! Help meeeeeeeeee
CarolineKos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2015, 03:25 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineKos View Post
Who is ready for a question that even the Gmail Tech Support could not help me with?!?!
[...]
waited on the phone for ONE HOUR on hold with gmail and the lady couldn't help me.
What kind of Gmail accounts are they? Free or Google Apps?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2015, 06:55 PM   #3
gj15

If you’ve got more than one account registered in the OSX or iOS mail apps, it gives the app the opportunity to fallback onto another set of SMTP credentials when it believes the chosen set has failed. Failure could be a temporary connectivity issue that has nothing to do with gmail for the fallback to occur with little or no warning. Once switched, the chosen settings tend to stick until another change occurs. I’m guessing this has happened on one of your devices and even though the display text of a sent message gives the illusion of correct function, the receiving client sees different underlying headers in the message from the incorrrect SMTP account used and acts on those headers to reply.

The solution is to carefully work through your SMTP settings to ensure they are correct and associated with the correct account.

For iOS Mail from the home screen look in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > one of your accounts > Account > press the keyboard hide button > SMTP then check the detail and credentials of the Primary Server and ensure the green selector is showing. When Done here, for good measure review the “Other SMTP Servers” and select them Off. Repeat this for each account in turn.

Within OSX Mail look in Mail > Preferences > Accounts > one of your accounts then from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) dropdown select “Edit SMTP Server List…”

More detail about what do do from this point can be found in the linked articles - there are too many variables to write a cover-all solution just here and it requires a methodical, thorough approach to resolve this tedious problem.

Apple Support Communities - mail sending from wrong Mail.app gmail account

Google Product Forums › Gmail Help Forum - Apple Mail is sending Gmail through the wrong account

MacRumors - Mac Mail sending from the wrong email address

http://tips.stevenchu.com/tech/mac-o...after-deleted/
gj15 is offline   Reply With Quote