EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Jun 2016, 03:02 AM   #1
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Cool Drag & drop attachments in Compose

You can now drag-and-drop one or more attachments in Webmail > Compose instead of having to upload each file individually.

Simply drag files onto the Compose window, and a progress bar will indicate that uploading is taking place. You don't even have to click the link to expand the Attachments area first.

You can also attach multiple files the conventional way by clicking the Browse... button.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Jun 2016, 05:48 AM   #2
adam1991

I'll try it again, but when I first found this feature and dragged a PDF into it (Firefox/Macintosh), Firefox simply opened the PDF in the window. Email disappeared, and the PDF didn't become an attachment.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2016, 06:03 AM   #3
smithmb001

I had some issues initially too, but this feature works well now and is a nice improvement. It would also be nice to see the editor replaced with something a little more full featured and one that remembered your font selection. Personally, I am relatively happy with the web version of the RMM. Providing tweaks like the attachment feature works fine for me while adding new features like 2FA, calendaring, and improved file storage capabilities are of much higher priority.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM   #4
adam1991

OK, yeah, it works now.

Now I wish that I could set the default to be having the compose window open with BCC and attachments showing.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2016, 04:40 PM   #5
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
I had some issues initially too, but this feature works well now and is a nice improvement. It would also be nice to see the editor replaced with something a little more full featured and one that remembered your font selection. Personally, I am relatively happy with the web version of the RMM. Providing tweaks like the attachment feature works fine for me while adding new features like 2FA, calendaring, and improved file storage capabilities are of much higher priority.
2FA is one set of people (with different people for programming, auditing and deployment), calendar another.

The guy working on attachments and other UI stuff right now, is only working on that.

There is no conflict in terms of resources for these projects. They have different competences and we have a lot more people working on development these days.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2016, 10:36 AM   #6
smithmb001

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
There is no conflict in terms of resources for these projects. They have different competences and we have a lot more people working on development these days.
Kim - I think you misunderstood my comment. With that said, I am glad to know you now have more people working on development these days. The pressure is now on for more RMM improvements on top of the other goodies!
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2016, 12:19 PM   #7
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
Kim - I think you misunderstood my comment. With that said, I am glad to know you now have more people working on development these days. The pressure is now on for more RMM improvements on top of the other goodies!
Yes, we are working hard on that

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote