EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Mar 2016, 09:20 AM   #1
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

So what happened to Inbox?

I had been experimenting with Inbox as my new go-to email provider after being disillusioned with Hotmail after they started demanding additional email.

But for months now, Inbox has posted this:

We're sorry, new registrations will not be available for an extended period of time. Inbox.com webmail is currently being prepared for a major system upgrade and therefore all new registrations have been stopped.

No further clue. What's driving me crazy is that I had a couple of accounts, but Inbox has a very short inactivity allowance, and they were terminated - and I can't renew.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Mar 2016, 09:00 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
No further clue. What's driving me crazy is that I had a couple of accounts, but Inbox has a very short inactivity allowance, and they were terminated - and I can't renew.
a) what further clue would you like to see??
b) inbox.com's inactivity period is 90 days. This doesn't look unreasonable IMHO.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2016, 12:20 AM   #3
ReuvenNY

I have an old Inbox.com. Once in a while they would send me a warning message to login or else... Now I have an IMAP account for Inbox set in my Thunderbird and don't have to think about it anymore.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2016, 12:47 AM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
I have an old Inbox.com. Once in a while they would send me a warning message to login or else.
Same here....
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2016, 09:18 AM   #5
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
a) what further clue would you like to see??
b) inbox.com's inactivity period is 90 days. This doesn't look unreasonable IMHO.

a) I was hoping that maybe someone here would reply something like, "I just read an article that said Inbox hopes to be up and running again for sign-ups by June."

b) I didn't say it was unreasonable. I just said it was short - for me, at least. Certainly others are longer, or even indefinite.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Zach

I used to use inbox.com and it's the worst service I've ever used. I was plagued by spam even though I never really gave my address out to anyone. I had trouble using it on my iPad (there's no app, AFAIK) and the graphics are generally rubbish. There was a short period where I didn't log on for as I was away then, when I came back, I found that my account had been deactivated. In fact, the service was so bad that it's what got me interested in testing loads of other providers. So far, I've found that all of them are better than inbox.com.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote