EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:07 AM   #76
bipbop

So, no matter how many times I click "report spam", it's not blocked. What does it take to something being classified as spam? I mean, these are repeat offenders. Same sender, same subject. I guess I've reported the spam ten times, and yet it keeps turning up. I don't think I should have to make filters for every spam I get, just because the Runbox spam filter is non-functioning.
bipbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:50 AM   #77
truestone

More than a year ago, I found that runbox spam recognition worked when it is turned off in the webmail settings and doesn't work when it is turned on. That's easy to get over. However, when it works, it keeps quarantining regular mails even after you repeatedly try to tell it that that particular mail is all right. So I'm with a different provider now.
truestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 01:13 AM   #78
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
bipbop: As you may know we recently implemented a new spam filter powered by Cloudmark. If you contact Runbox Support with your Runbox username we can enable this filter on your account.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 01:15 AM   #79
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
truestone: See my previous reply regarding our new spam filter.

When you report a messages as "Not spam" in the Runbox Webmail, the sender is added to your account's whitelist to prevent future messages from the same sender being caught. So we'd be interested in examples where this is not functioning as it should.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2016, 01:58 PM   #80
bipbop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
bipbop: As you may know we recently implemented a new spam filter powered by Cloudmark. If you contact Runbox Support with your Runbox username we can enable this filter on your account
Been using Cloudmark for a few days now. Too short to conclude, I suppose, but already I can see the difference. Works great!
Old 24 Jan 2017, 11:56 PM   #81
digger5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop View Post
I don't think I should have to make filters for every spam I get...
+1 - I've been struggling with this for awhile. I feel your pain.
digger5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2017, 09:27 AM   #82
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger5150 View Post
+1 - I've been struggling with this for awhile. I feel your pain.
We have started with some changes regarding our classic "trainable spam filter" (DSPAM) that should make it more relevant again.

If you have issues with spam, have you been added as a Cloudmark tester?
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2017, 06:22 AM   #83
digger5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
We have started with some changes regarding our classic "trainable spam filter" (DSPAM) that should make it more relevant again.

If you have issues with spam, have you been added as a Cloudmark tester?
I asked for Cloudmark to be added to my account and I believe it was. The result - I'm now getting 3X more unfiltered spam per day than I was before Cloudmark. None of this spam is generated from my email addresses. This is all the same crap that is sent to runbox accounts in general.
digger5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 12:13 AM   #84
jfnixon

Catch-all spam filtering?

I'm using the catch-all feature on my personal domain. I was wondering if the various spam filters such as CloudMark are applied to all the email arriving at my domain, because I'm seeing quite a bit of repetitive spam day after day. I'm asking because I was looking into adding a 3rd party spam filter service (yes, I'm really that annoyed) and it seems that some of them do not filter unless there is an exact hit on a mailbox address, so they don't work very well with the catch-all option.

I'm also wondering if I have my email client correctly configured to help train runbox's spam machinery. I'm diligent at marking spam, but I don't notice any decline in the number of emails with titles like "Desperate Asian Women Waiting for You" and "New Position Open with Apple." Are their any configuration notes for this?

Thanks, any help appreciated.
jfnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:07 AM   #85
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger5150 View Post
I asked for Cloudmark to be added to my account and I believe it was. The result - I'm now getting 3X more unfiltered spam per day than I was before Cloudmark. None of this spam is generated from my email addresses. This is all the same crap that is sent to runbox accounts in general.
Do you have a ticket ID you can send me? I need some headers to look at.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:08 AM   #86
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnixon View Post
I'm using the catch-all feature on my personal domain. I was wondering if the various spam filters such as CloudMark are applied to all the email arriving at my domain, because I'm seeing quite a bit of repetitive spam day after day. I'm asking because I was looking into adding a 3rd party spam filter service (yes, I'm really that annoyed) and it seems that some of them do not filter unless there is an exact hit on a mailbox address, so they don't work very well with the catch-all option.

I'm also wondering if I have my email client correctly configured to help train runbox's spam machinery. I'm diligent at marking spam, but I don't notice any decline in the number of emails with titles like "Desperate Asian Women Waiting for You" and "New Position Open with Apple." Are their any configuration notes for this?

Thanks, any help appreciated.
No, it should not take into account any such restrictions. Also you should be able to see what Cloudmark thinks about each email in the header.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 12:44 PM   #87
bipbop

My experience with Cloudmark has been 100% positive. Haven't seen a spam message in my inbox for a month!
Old 19 Dec 2017, 11:13 PM   #88
tasukilee
= Permanently banned =

That's a good idea.Let's me try this
tasukilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jan 2019, 11:42 AM   #89
webe

Whitelist

1. I have put same email address to whitelist but it can work because when I send to email address in whitelist, I got message "Message rejected under suspicion of SPAM". Please help.

2. Can I open blocking by myself?
webe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jan 2019, 10:59 PM   #90
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Your whitelist has no effect on somebody else's spam filters.

So if your whitelist contains joe.bloggs@example.com this only means that messages from that address to you will not be treated as spam. It does not imply that messages from you to joe.bloggs will not be rejected.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote