EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 5 Apr 2005, 05:27 AM   #1
Jordi

Are you sure your Runbox is working okay ??

Hi there everyone,

Sorry to bother but I haven't received any email to my runbox.com account for the last 7 hours, well .... in fact only three and that is a very unusual thing.

I sent a few messages from my others hotmail.com and yahoo.com addies and they haven't arrived yet to my runbox.com account, I also sent one from my work email this afternoon at 6pm and never arrived there (that was 5 hours ago) .... the thing that works okay if i send from runbox.com to my runbox addy and arrive correctly.

I phoned a few friends of mine to send me emails and they sent them to me but they are not in the runbox.com webmail, neither in my spam folder sooooo not sure where is the problem as this morning runbox was working beautifully well.

Thanks for the answer and the help, regards.

Jordi
Jordi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Apr 2005, 06:10 AM   #2
jbs
Essential Contributor

just tested mine, all seems fine, have been getting emails throughout the day . . .
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2005, 06:45 AM   #3
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
My hourly timestamped messages have all been arriving at my account on time.

The last person that was having problems receiving mail had blocked the addresses without realizing it.

Do you use the Block List? The test for the block list is "contains" like the test for the filters. So an entry in the Block list that says "mail.com" will block ALL addresses that contain "mail.com" including "hotmail.com".

If you're using the Block List to attempt to block spam DON'T! Block lists are useless for preventing most spam because spammers almost always use addresses that aren't theirs.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Jordi

Thanks Carvern for your answer !!

Yes, I use BlockList but I only have a few domains blocked there, citybank.com, netbank.co.uk and a few more mostly related to false bank accounts; neither hotmail.com or yahoo.com are there in that blocking list.

The thing is that I've been sending 10 messages from my runbox.com to my runbox.com for the last 7 hours and only two have arrived, the other eight are still somewhere in the cyberspace, same happens with the emails my friends are sending to me, I know for sure that something is not going properly today with my account and runbox.com as some of those emails my friends sent to me have been CC to my secondary email address and they arrived immediately, but not to my runbox.com addy.

I know sometimes runbox.com emails have delays in delivering messages but this time I have been waiting for more than 8 hours already and no messages are here, and nothing is blocked in my end.

Anyway, I am off to bed, let's hope tomorrow everything is working fine as usual with runbox.com

Thanks for the help Carvern and jbs !!

Jordi
Jordi is offline   Reply With Quote