EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 7 Jun 2017, 05:40 AM   #76
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csin View Post
Monday I successfully opened accounts at both Scientillion and Yandex. When I checked both yesterday to tie them to a forwarding service (spamgourmet), the Scientillion account was disabled, so it fails the test, and gets a big fat 'F-' in my gradebook! My account at Yandex was still working, and checked it again just now...will review it in six months if it doesn't flake out.
Yandex isn't going to disappear any time soon. It's been around since 1997, and it's the 4th most popular search engine in the world (1st in Russia), according to Wikipedia.

As for Scientillion, I agree that they're not reliable. Haven't been able to log into my account either.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2017, 06:10 PM   #77
Foggii

infinito.it and virgilio.it both need Italian cellphone pin confirmation
Foggii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2017, 11:10 AM   #78
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
I do not know about ice.is

to me actualy it looks like a site for small dogs;-)

I can't see anything related to signing up for an email service.

QIP.ru....should be there. Large Russian chat service and news site...with free email.

speedmail.se...allthough many scandinavian Email providers only let you open an account from an IP from their country and with a cellphone number from there.

Qaleido.nl.......is also a free email provider in the Netherlands.

mail.ru anyone??? Pretty awesome imho. Hard to beat.

Disadvantage with most German (free) Email providers is that they always want an address....:-(

I seriously have my doubts about some of those services mentioned in the OP list...I would not use them on a daily basis. Just my 2 cents.

D
Have you personally tried Qaleido?

I find the domainname a bit hard for mouth-to-mouth conversations, I can see typo's occur which results in emails never arriving. That said, I'm curious as Dutch is my mothertongue and servers based in the EU also sounds good.

Some things are a bit unclear to me though:
- how long have they been around? Are they likely survive beyond the near future? (I never heard of them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... Not famous doesn't equal unused. It says nothing about their financial stability on the long term and on the number of users they got)
- what is the inactivity limit of this service? It's not really indicated anywhere.
- are logs with date of previous sign-ins available?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2017, 08:36 PM   #79
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Have you personally tried Qaleido?

I find the domainname a bit hard for mouth-to-mouth conversations, I can see typo's occur which results in emails never arriving. That said, I'm curious as Dutch is my mothertongue and servers based in the EU also sounds good.

Some things are a bit unclear to me though:
- how long have they been around? Are they likely survive beyond the near future? (I never heard of them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... Not famous doesn't equal unused. It says nothing about their financial stability on the long term and on the number of users they got)
- what is the inactivity limit of this service? It's not really indicated anywhere.
- are logs with date of previous sign-ins available?
yes I have an (free) account with Qaleido since 2010. It looks stabil and webmail interface is eyecandy imho. BUT in how this company will survive the test of time i do not know. I seldomly use it. The domain name indeed is a pain. But its one of the very few (free) domain names out there with .nl ending!

For daily usage i prefer Yandex or mail.ru. Allthough in Germany (or the Netherlands) most people do NOT know these names either...! Everything seems to be gmail,Outlook or t-online or web.de...lol.

Dutchie
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2017, 08:26 AM   #80
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Well, if Qaleido has been around since at least 2010 (or longer?) then they seem to have a long-term plan ... Otherwise they'd probably have vanished already.

What do you mean exactly with the eye candy webmail interface?

PS: I thought there used to be a service mail.nl as well, but not sure if it's still around. And way back, there used to be ilse.nl but that one is long gone I believe (despite the irony they advertised with "never expiring mailboxes"... AdValvas.be was the Belgian counterpart, same slogan, but ceised operations around the same time Ilse.nl disappeared)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2017, 06:28 AM   #81
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
I don't know of any providers who restrict registrations to a certain geographic area but permit users to issue invitations for accounts to others outside that area.

More likely, the mention of a 'sponsor' refers to the informal practice of getting in contact with a user who has the appropriate IP and is willing to open an account for someone outside the geographic area. Person A specifies the desired username and Person B opens the account from a permitted IP and hands off the account to Person A, who then changes the password. Even though Person B now has no access to the account and nothing further to do with it, the account is never formally transferred and the service does not necessarily know that the account is being used by a different person. Sometimes someone will offer to do that here on EMD, when a thread happens to mention that a provider under discussion will only permit registrations from a particular country. The practice is harmless enough, but it does have a few potential drawbacks and should probably not be done too often.
Or you could just simplify this, and open an account using a Proxy or VPN located in the approved country/region.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2017, 06:33 AM   #82
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
It may be 'trouble free' but it soon won't be financially free! Is your account at mail-online.email (also .dk and .se) less than three months old? Accounts at those domains are only free for the first three months, then you must upgrade to a paid account or your account will be deleted. This is not stated in any of the obvious places you will read before creating the account, but when you create it you are prompted to read a link to the TOS by an ambiguous and elliptical hint that there is information there 'that could affect your account' (or words to that effect), and when you read the fine print you find out about the forced upgrade. It seems to me like an attempt to camouflage the facts, or at least to keep potential users from finding out the truth for as long as possible.
I wondered why I got locked out of that account! Thought they were just flaky like so many others. Anyway, I moved on to mailfence.com. So far so good.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2019, 04:04 PM   #83
nacolley

Help

Hi! i am wondering if anyone knows of an email address that begins with @alt..... .net?
nacolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2019, 04:51 PM   #84
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I recall that AltaVista had an e-mail service, with both com and net addresses, long since defunct.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote