EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 24 Feb 2016, 09:50 PM   #1
na_mirage

IMAP down

IMAP connections seem to be busted right now, but webmail is working.

Is the runbox team aware of this/working on it?
na_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Feb 2016, 04:56 AM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox have reported issues today:

https://support.runbox.com/index.php...nection-issues

Also posted on Twitter.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2016, 07:03 AM   #3
na_mirage

Thanks, yes that info turned up a few hours after I posted this thread and already opened a support ticket.

Dave was fast in posting a quick reply to the support ticket, saying , yes we're aware theres problems and we're on the case (thanks Dave! :-) )

I wouldn't have even opened a ticket if I could have actually found the info at the time.

It seems to me that runbox could do with stating what their main place is where they will list issues, as at present we have;

1) This sub-forum.

2) The support site http://support.runbox.com

3) Their twitter page.

4) The status page (which is where I expect to find acknowledged issues but earlier no updates) http://status.runbox.com (but is actually down right now - oh the irony - and that site is supposed to be on a US server) (the uptime stats for imap & pop for today were shocking earlier!)

At the time it seemed that the information was only on the twitter, but I overlooked it as the early info was hidden on the 'tweets & replies' tab, rather than having put out a quick tweet on the 'tweets' tab.

I understand that they were busy finding and fixing the problem, but I think they need to have one link to 'current status' on the front page of the website, and whatever that links to (twitter or support) that is the place for the most recent up to the minute listing of issues.

When Geir and co finish with the current issue , hopefully they'll consider all of the above.
na_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2016, 05:01 PM   #4
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I just thought I would clear up a few things regarding status pages etc.

status.runbox.com was something we started but never officially launched as there is an issue with the independent statistics that were showing there. The problem is that the way in which the statistics were produced was based on whether our service could be reached from a number of different locations worldwide. If it failed from a certain number then we were deemed to be down when in fact this was nearly always due to an ISP issue somewhere between the testing servers and our location and most of our customers could in fact still use Runbox without problems.

That sort of information is useful to us as we can contact ISPs and try to get things resolved, but it isn't an accurate reflection of the service status.

We told a few people about status.runbox.com last year to get feedback, and others understandably guessed the URL. We removed it last night to avoid confusion, but it will be returning today in a new format

As has been mentioned, it is hosted in the US away from our operations in Norway so that it is not affected by issues there. When we are happy with the new format we will make status.runbox.com more widely known and link to it from our websites.

We will continue to post updates at support.runbox.com as that is where most people go for information, and it can save them time if they know they don't need to submit a support ticket.

We will continue to also post updates on Twitter as we know a lot of people find that useful.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote