EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 20 Jun 2002, 04:50 AM   #1
kchess79
Master of the @

Anyone ever heard of iMessage.com?

iMessage got my attention because you're allowed to use personalities (I don't know if there's a limit, I put in 20, and it didn't stop me...they all share one signature, though). Several color schemes, looks alright...says it's powered by eSoftware . Just thought I'd mention it
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Jun 2002, 04:14 AM   #2
Gazania

Sounds pretty good ...

I admit I never heard about it before. The only little thing that makes me go "hmmmmmmmmmm" is this statement:

ATTN: All previous email users
Please setup a new webmail account today

I'm HOPING that it was a brand-new service and something just happened right after it came out. I would hate to think that long-term users lost everything.

Other than that, it looks pretty interesting! Does anyone else know of it or its history? Did it go under another name once, and the e-mail change was known to users in advance before the change? (I know that has happened with a webservice account or two.)
Gazania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2002, 11:08 PM   #3
nap

Nice interface similar to anytimenow.com.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2002, 02:18 AM   #4
DBH

Well...I tries to sign up and I either got "Service is not available for domain..." or "user does not exist". How long does it take for an account to go through? I know a lot of accounts that log you in right after you sign up. Hmmmm....I'm not too impressed with this iMessage.
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2002, 04:11 AM   #5
mailmaniac
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
Well...I tries to sign up and I either got "Service is not available for domain..." or "user does not exist". How long does it take for an account to go through? I know a lot of accounts that log you in right after you sign up. Hmmmm....I'm not too impressed with this iMessage.
I think it NEVER works. I signed up for an account a week ago just to take a look at the features, and I still "do not exist". I then tried to sign up for a different account, but it "doesn't exist" either. I gave up.
mailmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:20 PM   #6
DBH

Maybe they're not accepting any new sign-ups...
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2002, 02:10 PM   #7
mailmaniac
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
Maybe they're not accepting any new sign-ups...
It's possible, but they should warn people who try to sign up BEFORE they do it. They can't just let us fill in the form and then get nothing back...

Andrea
Old 26 Jun 2002, 06:30 PM   #8
nap

Are you guys sure you could not sign up? A friend just signed up.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 06:51 PM   #9
mailmaniac
Essential Contributor

Oh course. I tried three times and it never works. All I get after signing up and trying to log in is "user does not exist".
At least, at the first time, there was a screen saying "account being set up, please wait". Now, I don't get even this.
Not that i need the account, I was just curious to see how it works.
Andrea
Old 26 Jun 2002, 11:09 PM   #10
nap

Quote:
Originally posted by mailmaniac
Oh course. I tried three times and it never works. All I get after signing up and trying to log in is "user does not exist".
At least, at the first time, there was a screen saying "account being set up, please wait". Now, I don't get even this.
Not that i need the account, I was just curious to see how it works.
Andrea
Actually, I also don't need this account but just for curiosity sake. Just after reading the post, my friend signed up for a new account about 2 hours ago (11.00GMT). Anyway, to me it has pretty good features, of which some are comparable to fastmail.

Last edited by nap : 26 Jun 2002 at 11:12 PM.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 04:00 AM   #11
kchess79
Master of the @

One of the great things about this forum, is that people usually try out the services and report back. I haven't had any problems with them, but this way I can hear about other problems people might be having. I don' t think I'd use it as a main account, maybe a backup one...
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2002, 04:43 AM   #12
psalzer

It looks like they were just recently offering zzn accounts. I'd be careful of using them for anything crucial until you know something about their level of expertise, infrastructure, etc...
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote