EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 6 Jan 2015, 03:01 AM   #1
horatio8

Problem receiving email from ifttt.com

IFTTT emails stopped showing up in my inbox in the middle of November after working for over a year. IFTTT claims they are being sent. I have added the addresses to my address book and haven't changed anything in my sieve script. I'm checking again on the IFTTT side, but wondering how I can troubleshoot this on the Fastmail side. Is there another way to white list IFTTT? Thanks.
horatio8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Jan 2015, 03:25 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
IFTTT claims they are being sent.
Yes, but can you (or rather IFTTT) check they aren't returned as undeliverable (for whatever reason)?

Another suggestion I can think of is to create another IFTTT account with emails directed to an alias in your account.

May be you could try disabling the sieve script and see if this makes any difference?

I assume messages from non-IFTTT addresses are being delivered ok...
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2015, 03:28 AM   #3
horatio8

Janusz - I'll try your 2nd suggestion first to setup a new account sending to an alias, because it's not so easy to get a support response from IFTTT . Thanks for your help
Old 6 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow IFTTT works fine with Fastmail email address

I have an ifttt account but had not been using it. I just got a couple of new rules set up and they work fine, sending action alerts to my Fastmail account. Here are some details:
  • The action message From address is IFTTT Action <action@ifttt.com>, which you can put in your online Fastmail Address Book. When you trigger an email action, this is the From address of the message.
  • For an email channel, the To address is set by logging into the IFTTT website and selecting Channels at the top and then select the Email channel. If you Edit the Email channel you will be sent an email at that address with a PIN which you must enter to activate that Email channel address. The Email channel address is different from your IFTTT account address (which they use to send you news).
  • Around October 16, 2014, IFTTT changed their incoming trigger email to trigger@recipe.ifttt.com. Before that date the incoming trigger email did not have the recipe subdomain portion.
  • IFTTT uses sendgrid.net to process their outgoing messages. Another company I dealt with used sendgrid and their emails to me were not being whitelisted, even though the address was in my Address Book. This was due to improperly formed Received headers being generated by sendgrid.net, which confused the Fastmail forged header detection system. Fastmail staff contacted sendgrid and I am still waiting on them to tell us that issue has been fixed. However, the IFTTT messages to me are properly being whitelisted (X-Spam-known-sender: yes) when I have the action@ifttt.com address in my online Address Book, so I don't think the sendgrid.net forwarding is currently an issue.
Bill

Last edited by n5bb : 6 Jan 2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: sendgrid.net information
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2015, 10:07 PM   #5
horatio8

Janusz and Bill - The troubleshooting you suggested revealed a problem with my sieve script - thank you for your time and suggestions.

I want to especially thank Bill, as you have helped me with several matters over the years. Your responses are always detailed and extremely helpful.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 02:54 AM   #6
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
thank you for your time and suggestions
Glad to be of assistance
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote