EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Jul 2015, 12:47 AM   #46
jrsch

You're not the only one. I have two separate FastMail accounts, one for me and one for another family member. Push is working fine with zero intervention on her iPhone 5S and iPad Air. It is NOT working on either my iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2, despite multiple delete and re-adds of accounts, All devices are running iOS 8.4. I don't know what to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocab View Post
So, I've tried deleting and re-adding my account on iOS 8.4. I'm let iOS set it up automatically. I've set it up manually.

Push isn't working - and there's no list of folders that I can enable on the push/fetch/manual sheet.

Am I the only one? Is there one server that was somehow missed?
jrsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2015, 01:33 AM   #47
awasmuth

I am encountering a new problem. Since push is enabled one or two times a day my iPhone (8.4) is stuck checking emails (spinning indicator, checking mail), no new email is arriving. I have to manually force quit mail. No problems so far on my iPad.

I have already deleted and added my mail account, no change.
awasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2015, 03:53 AM   #48
Kocab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsch View Post
You're not the only one. I have two separate FastMail accounts, one for me and one for another family member. Push is working fine with zero intervention on her iPhone 5S and iPad Air. It is NOT working on either my iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2, despite multiple delete and re-adds of accounts, All devices are running iOS 8.4. I don't know what to do next.
Well, good to know I'm not the only one... though I'm sorry you're having the issue. I've filed a trouble ticket but not heard anything as of yet. I'll post back here once I do.
Kocab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2015, 05:28 PM   #49
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awasmuth View Post
I am encountering a new problem. Since push is enabled one or two times a day my iPhone (8.4) is stuck checking emails (spinning indicator, checking mail), no new email is arriving. I have to manually force quit mail. No problems so far on my iPad.

I have already deleted and added my mail account, no change.
I did a force restart and no problems since then.
awasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Aug 2015, 08:41 PM   #50
Kocab

No push just yet

Thought I'd update the thread. I filed a report that push wasn't working on my Fastmail account. The problem was escalated to the engineers. I'm told that additional logging was enabled on my account, and it appears a possible issue with Apple is being investigated.

Still no push on iOS for me though. Has anyone else seen their issue resolved yet?
Old 3 Aug 2015, 07:38 PM   #51
Kocab

Thumbs up Now fixed for me

Had an update to my ticket this morning. The issue was found and now push is working as expected on both my devices.

Thanks to Fastmail - first time I've had to contact support in more than 10 years of being a customer, and they didn't disappoint.
Old 7 Aug 2015, 02:44 AM   #52
horatio8

Both my accounts now have push for iOS working perfectly, where before only one of the two was working. I no longer have a need for NuevaSync.

This was a great upgrade - thanks.
horatio8 is offline   Reply With Quote