EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:23 PM   #1
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Syncing contacts between Horde/RoundCube and Thunderbird

Hey there,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this. How would one sync contacts between Horde/RoundCube and Thunderbird?

I want to be able to add contacts to thunderbird and have them show up in the webclient and vice-versa. Is this possible?

I'm using EUMX, if that matters.

I know it's possible with "fruux", but I wonder if there's a native solution.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:30 PM   #2
jdtaylor
Master of the @

If you click address book on eumx's horde system which you say you are using, click on address book and then import / export and then you should be able to export your contacts to the other webmail system and onto thunder bird using the same file.

All being well using a .csv file should get you what you want.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:36 PM   #3
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
If you click address book on eumx's horde system which you say you are using, click on address book and then import / export and then you should be able to export your contacts to the other webmail system and onto thunder bird using the same file.

All being well using a .csv file should get you what you want.
That's not really syncing now, is it?
Old 10 Nov 2014, 01:03 AM   #4
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
That's not really syncing now, is it?
Syncing contacts between Thunderbird and Horde @EuMX can be most likely arranged by either by installing Thundertine to enable ActiveSync support for Thunderbird or SOGo Connector plugin to sync contacts via CardDAV.
I think EuMX RoundCube has CardDAV plugin installed so you would need to configure Horde address book in RC as CardDAV addressbook - this might work, but since I do not use RC I have not tested it yet.
I can also confirm than syncing Horde contacts with mobile device works well (tested on Samsung Galaxy and iPhone) and CarDAV on my Mac address book.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2014, 01:41 AM   #5
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
Syncing contacts between Thunderbird and Horde @EuMX can be most likely arranged by either by installing Thundertine to enable ActiveSync support for Thunderbird or SOGo Connector plugin to sync contacts via CardDAV.
I think EuMX RoundCube has CardDAV plugin installed so you would need to configure Horde address book in RC as CardDAV addressbook - this might work, but since I do not use RC I have not tested it yet.
I can also confirm than syncing Horde contacts with mobile device works well (tested on Samsung Galaxy and iPhone) and CarDAV on my Mac address book.
My problem was that I couldn't find the address URL to paste in whatever plugin I decide to use... I've found said URL using horde already. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work.

On RoundCube though, I really can't find anything that resembles an URL to sync my contacts. From this link https://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-...erbird-carddav it seems it should be somewhere in the settings, but that doesn't show to me in EUMX.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 02:07 AM   #6
soromak

Quote:
My problem was that I couldn't find the address URL to paste in whatever plugin I decide to use... I've found said URL using horde already. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work.

On RoundCube though, I really can't find anything that resembles an URL to sync my contacts. From this link https://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-...erbird-carddav it seems it should be somewhere in the settings, but that doesn't show to me in EUMX.
I have CardDAV button to click in the Preference section of RC, at the very bottom, right after Server settings.
I would recommend to drop EuMX support a line if you have problems with this feature, they are quite effective in sorting things out.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 02:15 AM   #7
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
I have CardDAV button to click in the Preference section of RC, at the very bottom, right after Server settings.
I would recommend to drop EuMX support a line if you have problems with this feature, they are quite effective in sorting things out.
I do have that as well. But how do you have access to an URL to paste in Thunderbird's extension?

According to this link, on the second screenshot there's some URLs that I could use.. I can't find that in my RC.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 02:18 AM   #8
soromak

Quote:
I do have that as well. But how do you have access to an URL to paste in Thunderbird's extension?

According to this link, on the second screenshot there's some URLs that I could use.. I can't find that in my RC.
You should use Horde URL for CardDAV, since Card/CalDAV server (SabreDAV) works as a part of Horde instance, RC is also a CardDAV client. In the same time Horde CardDAV address should be added in RC. At least I understand it this way.