EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 May 2003, 02:23 PM   #16
Brian11480
Essential Contributor

Do you Yahoo?

I guess not. Yahoooooooooooooops.

This an auto-response. If you prefer a different form letter Type 1. If you prefer Spam type 2. If you want to get a live humam being type www.fastmail.fm If you want good support from Yahoo, type 4 and wait till Y3K.

Brian11480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2003, 03:31 PM   #17
kander
The "e" in e-mail

LOL! Nice one, Brian!

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2003, 06:57 AM   #18
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

No its

Yahpooooooooooo
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2003, 10:52 AM   #19
splustest

An update - hah

We're coming up on 4 months now. I still cannot send messages from Yahoo. The responses have been mostly form-like with a few exceptions. My last reply to their form reply (which is the same reply they sent 2-4 iterations ago) was:

Is there anyone there with an IQ higher than the president of the United States?

I wonder what sort of formulaic reply that will generate... Nothing I've said so far has seemed to get any intelligent response. It's a question of who will outlast the other.
splustest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2003, 06:33 PM   #20

Its very difficult for a service with over 100 million customers to have good support. Even if there were 500 support staff thats still 200,000 customers per support staff - clearly they can't answer every email.

Dan
Old 6 Sep 2003, 07:09 PM   #21
aha

FM Support Button in WebUI

I find that submitting a request to the FM Support System means that you need to monitor your Inbox for nearly an hour before that support system runs (scheduled to run once every hour, I think) and collect your email to support@ .. Instead, we should have direct access to the FM support system. You click on the button, fill out the form for support, and send it along. No more waiting for an hour to complete the submission process.
aha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2003, 07:40 PM   #22
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: FM Support Button in WebUI

Quote:
Originally posted by aha
I find that submitting a request to the FM Support System means that you need to monitor your Inbox for nearly an hour before that support system runs (scheduled to run once every hour, I think) and collect your email to support@ .. Instead, we should have direct access to the FM support system. You click on the button, fill out the form for support, and send it along. No more waiting for an hour to complete the submission process.
Yep, we've got that already! Click the 'Need help? Start here' link at the bottom of any screen after you log in.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2003, 03:15 AM   #23
aha

Re: Re: FM Support Button in WebUI

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
Yep, we've got that already! Click the 'Need help? Start here' link at the bottom of any screen after you log in.
Brilliant!! Its exactly what I was looking for.
aha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2003, 03:48 AM   #24
Sherry

Re: Re: FM Support Button in WebUI

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
Thanks. I've been avoiding using your support system to fix the samename alias problem because of the complicated (but understandable) way it works. (my problem can't be found in the Help or FAQ) I just fired off a support mail using the above. I assume that means it went straight to support without having to wait for an auto reply and send again?
The only thing I don't like about your support system is, I don't have a copy of the mail I just sent, through your system, in OE like I have for past support sent to webmaster!

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2003, 09:50 AM   #25
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Re: Re: FM Support Button in WebUI

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry
[b]Thanks. I've been avoiding using your support system to fix the samename alias problem because of the complicated (but understandable) way it works. (my problem can't be found in the Help or FAQ) I just fired off a support mail using the above. I assume that means it went straight to support without having to wait for an auto reply and send again?
Correct!
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:18 AM   #26
splustest

Fixed!

Yahoo finally fixed the problem - whatever it was, they never said - and after numerous idiot responses. It was even my birthday when they fixed it.
splustest is offline   Reply With Quote