EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Jun 2002, 10:40 AM   #1
pcguy

Referal monies

Is there any expiration on the credits/ $earned when one refers someone to Fastgmail and they sign up for one of the paying accounts?
pcguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jun 2002, 11:17 AM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

No.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 11:23 PM   #3
ppetru

Which reminds me... was the referral system recently made to send mail? I have referred only one person (that I know of) a while ago, but I only got a message today. So, did someone else sign up using me as a referrer, or was the system changed somehow?
ppetru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 11:37 PM   #4
Tango
Cornerstone of the Community

Another possibility is he just converted to a paid member...

Also, take a look at this
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...light=referral

Last edited by Tango : 2 Jun 2002 at 11:43 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2002, 12:05 AM   #5
psalzer

I just got mine. I referred the people a while ago, too. Actually, I'd forgotten about it. They were family members and they really needed something like Fastmail so I set them up. They were also my offspring so I ended up paying for their accounts. So, I've got some of it back.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2002, 12:56 AM   #6
tenekun

So far I've referred 4 people I think - but all before fastmail started charging $. Do these still count as referrals for me?
tenekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2002, 06:04 AM   #7
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

The referral system has only just been turned on for actually crediting funds, and we ran it the first time a couple of days ago. We'll run it monthly now.

All referrals count since the Referrer field was added to the signup screen. However, if the users haven't upgraded to paid accounts, you don't get any commission.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 02:40 PM   #8
michaelj

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
The referral system has only just been turned on for actually crediting funds, and we ran it the first time a couple of days ago. We'll run it monthly now.

All referrals count since the Referrer field was added to the signup screen. However, if the users haven't upgraded to paid accounts, you don't get any commission.
I was looking at the Referral page on Fastmail.fm, and I'm wondering if it would be feasable to include some sort of form on this page that could be used for referrals.
This form would generate an e mail to the person I'm recommending the service to along with a standard and optional customized note. If the recipient responds back to Fastmail.fm via the note, which would be recommended by the referral note, the Fastmail.fm customer who made the referral would be tracked via that form, and this would ensure proper credit.

Michael
michaelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2002, 04:12 PM   #9
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Actually, we're thinking of creating a general "change of address" type system, that notifies people in your address book (you can choose which ones of course) of your new address. It's a good idea if we made the URL in that include a referral tracking ID.

At this stage my plan is that for guests this message would not be customisable, but for paid members it would be.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 05:50 AM   #10
norpah

Question Referrals

How long should it take for referral data to show up? A friend of mine signed up for an Enhanced account several days ago and listed me as the referral, but nothing has shown up yet.

Just wondering??
norpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2002, 08:22 AM   #11
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

It should appear on the referrals page immediately.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 09:16 AM   #12
norpah

Well that didn't happen.....

I send you a PM with the details.

Thanks
Old 28 Jun 2002, 10:23 AM   #13
sjk
Master of the @

Is there a way toÂ*make a referral after account sign-up? In other words, I referred a few people who didn't give me a referral when they signed up and want to do so now. Thanks.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2002, 02:53 AM   #14
norpah

Quote:
Originally posted by sjk
Is there a way toÂ*make a referral after account sign-up? In other words, I referred a few people who didn't give me a referral when they signed up and want to do so now. Thanks.
I don't know.... but right now its a mute point since referrals don't appear to be working. Two friends of mine signed up this week and listed me in the referral field but I didn't get any credit. Jeremy replied to my PM and said everything was entered correctly and they are working on the problem.
Old 29 Jun 2002, 10:32 AM   #15
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Referrals are being tracked correctly, just not displayed correctly in some cases. This will not lead to anyone missing out on referral credits, and will be fixed shortly.

If you want to take credit for referrals after someone has signed up, ask them to email us from their FastMail.FM account and tell us the account name of the person that referred them.