EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Aug 2002, 10:10 AM   #1
Lnguyen
Essential Contributor

replying by other personalities...

ok, so the title might be a bit confusing, but here's the situation:

i have fastmail check my pop email i get from school. I have a personality for that email. always have. if i reply to email that i receive from my school, the "from" header is the address from my school.

however, i've noticed after the interface change, if i reply to the messages from my school, the "from" header is the default one, my domain.

Any ideas? Any new setting i've overlooked in the new interface?

Linh
Lnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Aug 2002, 12:03 PM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

I can't think of anything--it's certainly working OK for me when doing this. Have you checked that the To address in your POP mail matches the From address in that personality exactly?
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2002, 01:09 AM   #3
Lnguyen
Essential Contributor

hrm. didn't change anything. I'll give it a delete thru everything and try again and see what happens.
Lnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2002, 10:50 AM   #4
graffxguy

personalities in email programs

do the personalities work in email programs like Mail or Entourage or Outlook? it works fine for me in web mode, but i want to know if it'll work with the membership's SMTP and stuff.

thanks!!
graffxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:18 AM   #5
ady
Essential Contributor

Email clients have their own method to have more than one from address. Usually by creating 'dummy' account for each from address.

Unfortunately most email client will take the default from address based on which account the message was retrieved from. not the destination address. You will have to manually change the from address whenever you reply to a message sent to other address than your retrieval account.

ady

edit: They cannot tell which address is the destination when the sender use the bcc.

Last edited by ady : 20 Aug 2002 at 11:22 AM.
ady is offline   Reply With Quote